31. Questions and confessions

"Are you sleeping?" Jeongguk whispers softly after a while of lying down in the bed with Taehyung holding onto him.

"Nope. Surprisingly, not sleepy. You?" Taehyung asks while caressing his husband's hair softly.

"Me neither."

"Then can we continue the game from before? It was my turn to ask."

Jeongguk laughs softly before humming in affirmation.

"Hmm... just asking, are there any rules or limits? Things that you might not be comfortable with?" Taehyung asks for clarification. He didn't wanna bring out any unwanted memories.

"I don't think so. Oh lying! We can't lie. We have to promise to be 100% honest with each other." Jeongguk slightly repositioned himself to be at eye level with the older.

"One thing that you own which holds a really special place in your heart."

"Hmm... a thing... I have this notebook I received from hyung. Hobi hyung. When he first came. I was still really reluctant to get to know him or treat him as my hyung.  And one day he gave a notebook which had a little note in the first page. I still have that. I'll show you someday." Jeongguk smiled at the memory. He smiled again when he could easily see the hesitation is Taehyung's eyes. "You're curious about hyung and my relation, yeah?"

"Yeah.. um I'm sorry I shouldn't be so nosy. So...your turn." Taehyung tries to change the subject. Although he had always been curious about that, he didn't think it to be the right time to ask that.

"Well biologically speaking, he's my step-brother. When I was in 5th grade,dad suddenly bought this beaten up kid home,a bit older than me. I gradually got to know from people that his mom was one of the many people my dad slept around with. His mom didn't want him. And neither did dad. But he had to when the lady threatened to file a lawsuit. And then he dumped hyung on my mom. And mom raised us together. " Jeongguk let out a deep sigh laced with a sad smile.

Taehyung rested his head against the younger and softly whispered the words. "I'm sorry..."

"No, please don't be. I don't care whatever the reason was,  I got to have hyung in my life. He's ...... a blessing for me. Really. And I just love and respect him so much. He's my idol sort of." He finished with an embarrassed laugh. It was a bit childish on his part, or so he thought.

"I'm glad for you baby. Both of you,grew up so well. I'm proud of you." He ruffled Jeongguk's hair who blushed profusely at the action.

"Okay. So do you have a dream or goal u wanna fulfill in life?" He quickly asks to divert Taehyung's attention.

"Hm...I didn't mostly. Not any long term goals. Now,I think I wanna open a business of my own. Something sort of an event management company? I do have some experience but I don't think I'm educated enough in this field. Maybe I'll pursue a business degree. An MBA maybe." Taehyung gave off a sheepish laugh. He had been thinking about it for a while but it sounded a bit childish to him to go back to college for a post grad all on a sudden.

"That sounds great hyung! You could get admitted in the spring course itself! Some universities may still have admissions open. Do you have a school in mind or do you want me to look some for a bit? Any preferences?" Jeongguk encourages him with his caring words.

"Whoa really?? That's like....fast..." He chuckles. "I mean I do not have serious plan yet, I'd like to talk to Joon hyung first before taking a decision."

"Mhm let me know when you finalise it. I'd so excited for you." Jeongguk flashes a big smile to prove his point.

"Okay so do you have a dream?" Taehyung asks the same question, eager to know more about his husband.

"I don't. I never did to be honest. I just did what I had to. What people said would be the best for me. Like you know finishing high school, getting into college, getting good grades, getting a job, a house on lease. All of that. The only time I acted towards what I wanted for myself, was getting married to you. So, I guess we can say that u were my dream." Jeongguk smirks coyly seeing Taehyung getting flustered.

"Have you always been this cheeky?" Taehyung ducks his head in an attempt to hide his blushing face.

"Took you long enough to notice." He softly caressed Taehyung's cherk with his fingers, taking in the ethereal sight in front of him.

"Shut up." Taehyung huffs but leans in to Jeongguk's touch.

Jeongguk snickers and continues, "Okay a decision you reget making and a decision you're proud of."

"Regret... hm..... maybe dating that guy in high school. He was a total ass. Just wanted to fuck without condoms." He rolled his eyes in annoyance.

"I'm-"

"It actually doesn't matter anymore you know. It was a long time ago and I wasn't that close with him physically or emotionally. It just sucks to know that I was acquainted with such a guy."

"Hmm..." Jeongguk hummed as a response.

"And a decision I'm proud of? Hmmm....." Taehyung lifted his head up,smiled and gently cupped Jeongguk's face. "Maybe marrying you." And even if he wanted it with his whole existence, he couldn't have ignored Jeongguk's expression. The younger looked at him with a completely befuddled face,with his eyes widened and mouth slightly agape,breath stuck in his throat. Taehyung chuckled lightly. "And i don't know where future might take us but as of now I'm really glad made that decision. I really like being with you and what we have and our hyungs and this place and everything. Starting everything over wasn't easy but I'm so glad to have you by my side. I'm so glad it was with you. "

Taehyung couldn't tell if it was the light reflecting on his eyes or the younger was really tearing up but he didn't wait for confirmation. He leaned in and captured Jeongguk's lips in a sweet kiss. He felt the younger's eyes close and a drop of tear sliding down. He gently smiled in the kiss and wiped the stray drop of tear. "Let's be happy together."

Jeongguk sucked in a breath,his chest felt so tight. With love,respect and adoration for his husband. This man lying down by him, holding him, and letting him know that he's happy with him,is his husband. His heart felt so awfully full that he was afraid it might burst out. "I love you....." He said under his breath. Unable to hold back these raw emotions anymore. He looked at Taehyung's bemused eyes with his tear laced one's and said it again.

"I really fell in love with you Kim Taehyung." He smiled and with that another drop of tear slid down his cheeks. "I hope I'm not burdening-" before he could finish the sentence, Taehyung kissed him. With one his hands clutching onto the younger's hair for better grip. Jeongguk reciprocated the kiss immediately with his hand grabbing the collar of Taehyung's tee and their legs intertwining. The kiss left both of them panting for air and Taehyung's couldn't meet those fierce eyes again. He hid his face in the crook of Jeongguk's neck who held onto him tightly as if he'd never let him go. 

At that exact moment, even though the older didn't say anything, Jeongguk felt so loved that nothing else mattered in the world. He realised that this is the moment he had been waiting for all this time.

////////////////////

Well, he confessed I guess

🙂

Love,Viri