29. Memories ( do not open) (❗TW❗)

[‼️‼️TW‼️‼️ mentions of sexual harassment throughout the chapter.

If you're uncomfortable, you don't have to read it. This chapter has nothing special linked to the storyline or plot.]

"You know how long I have waited for you,don't you? You always knew I had feelings for you. Yet you married that lil shit right in front of me. Why did you do that to me hyung?" Jihoon leaned down to Jeongguk's eye level with a sickening smile hanging from his lips.

"We're family-"

"Oh are we? Are you sure gguk? We aren't even related by blood. How the fuck are we family? Look me in the eyes,hyungnim. You never had feelings for me? Never thought how good it would feel when I-"

"Jihoon! Please! Don't do this. I know you're not like this. Please please please just... don't.."

"Does it look like I'll stop?" In a blink of an eyes Jihoon's face started to deform. His eyes came out of the socket as his teeth grew bigger. He howled and jumped towards Jeongguk. He screamed in horror as he tried his best to get out of the restraints.

"GGUK!!!" Taehyung shouted out as he shook the younger with all his might. Jeongguk opened his eyes which looked petrified,almost as if they were about to pop out. He looked like he couldn't breath until he stopped and looked at his husband. A single drop of tear came out with a meek sound.

"Hyung..."

Taheyung pulled Jeongguk in and hugged him dearly as his own eyes started to water.

"Hyung..." he repeated again as he let himself break down in his husband's arms.

"Hyung..." he cried out as he started shaking out of fear.

"Hyung..." he was tired of fighting. He wanted to rest. Wanted someone to lean on.

"Hyung..." he was contented as he could give up his weight and lean on his husband.

"Hyung..." he let the tears out as he realised he wasn't alone anymore.

"Hyung..." he hugged tighter as he felt safe in that soothing touch.

And the hyung, he just stayed,embracing the younger, with all his broken parts, holding him as one,tightly,never wanting to let go. In hopes of realigning his beautiful soul that was crushed up beastly minds.

"Do you feel better?" Taehyung softly asked Jeongguk who was lying on his chest,still hugging him tightly.

"Mhm..." he dragged the words, making taehyung think that he'd say something else but he didn't.

After a while he softly spoke up. "I can't stop blaming myself."

Taehyung stopped in his motion. Any of that wasn't Jeongguk's fault in the least. He shouldn't even be the last person to think like that.

"Gguk.."

"I keep thinking that if I hadn't trusted him so much, if I didn't let him in, if I listened to every one of those skeptic people and stopped, then maybe....just maybe..... none of this would've happened..." tears started to flow again. Taehyung wanted to step in and tell the younger that it was perfectly fine. That it wasn't his fault. But he decided it would be better to just let him talk it out.

"I just can't believe that he...." Jeongguk stopped to take a few deep breaths. "I trusted him with everything. Even when everyone warned me that he was a bad company, I stayed put. I believed that I could make him walk on the right path. That I could guide him and be there for him like Hoseok hyung did for me..... I.... what was my fault......"