Chapter Fifteen: Deranged Love

I keep my eyes on the crippled man I blasted, just to make sure he won't pull any surprises while Ulrika interrogates the other cultist. Just to make sure the guy I'm watching won't make a move on us, I levitate my sword right over his heart.

"Listen here, you little insignificant waste of human sperm. I will de-limb you and let the crows feast on your flesh," Ulrika says. I take a quick full second glance over to the tree she's at, and the cultist on the ground tries to trip me. My sword lunges through his chest, pinning him to the ground.

"Damnit," I say, pulling my sword out of his chest. I clean the blood off the blade by using his clothing then hover it over the top of the last cultist's head. "If you make any sudden moves or try to hurt her physically or mentally, I will split you into."

"Please don't kill me," he cries.

"Then talk!" Ulrika yells before kneeing him in the crotch. He slumps over, but she keeps him upright. "Give me what I want, and I might not knee your dick again."

"Yes, ma'am!" It's strange to see a cultist squirm. So far as I know it, these fanatics choose death over surrender. "What do you want to know? I'll tell you everything."

"Where is Jesse Gill?"

"He's back at our camp."

"Is he alone?"

"No. There's more of us, plus, Jesse has three of his gang members with him."

"Okay, how many are," she pauses to point at his chest, "you at the camp?" He fumbles on his words, trying to answer, so she knees him again in the crotch. "You better give a precise answer, or your balls will turn into mush when I'm done with you." I almost feel bad for him, knowing the type of pain he's feeling in his testicles.

"There's four of us." She lets him go. He drops to the ground, clutching his crotch while groaning in pain. She and I step back away from him but keep a watch.

"That's seven, plus Jesse we have to deal with," I whisper.

"We can handle them unless you're exhausted," she whispers back.

"I'm good."

"Great," she says with a smile. "What do you want to do with this dog?"

"I have an idea. Let's send him back to his camp. I'll have my sword follow him."

"Okay," she says in a normal voice, looking back at him. "Run along to your cultist pigs."

"Really? You won't kill me?" He says, stumbling up to his feet.

"Fucking go!" She slams air into him, throwing him through the forest. He scurries up to his feet and takes off.

"Shadow stalk," I say. I point my finger at him, commanding my sword to follow after him. This ability makes my sword invisible as well as undetectable by magic-sensitive users.

"How far does it track?"

"It has an infinite range."

"That's amazing. Let's see where these bastards lay their heads."

Ulrika and I follow my sword at a distance through the forest. I have to occasionally pause pursuing the cultist because I can sense him tripping over things. He's scared as hell, almost in a near panic. Correction, he's starting to panic now. His speed is now increasing, so we pick up the pace. Suddenly he stops in his tracks. I detect multiple people moving around in front of him.

"He's at his camp," I say, easing forward. My senses are on full alert, so I grab Ulrika's hand to keep her protected from any surprises.

"What's wrong?" She says in a soft voice.