Ch. 2 - Social Energy

Anxiety welled up inside me as all eyes were on me. The purple haired boy stood beside me as Aizawa introduced us to the class.

"Class this is Michiru and you all know Hitoshi. They will be joining our class this semester." Aizawa spoke sleepily. 

"I heard your kid was going to be joining this semester!" The pink alien girl smiled.

"I knew Hitoshi was your secret love child!" The half and half boy exclaimed. 

"What? No I'm not. My parents are Hajime and Mihoko Shinso." The purple haired boy responded. 

"So you're his daughter?" The invisible girl asked. 

I nodded.

"She has big boobies!" The Grape colored boy laughed.

"SHUT THE HELL UP GRAPE IDIOT!" Katsuki yelled. 

"Kaachan, calm down." The green haired one told him. Kaachan? That must be Deku. I heard so much about him, Katsuki hated him. "May I ask about your quirk?" He asked with a notebook and pen in hand. He and Katsuki had gone to school together. I had been homeschooled up until I went to Ketsubutsu, so I never got to know Midoriya for myself.

"DEKU SHUT THE HELL-" Bakugo started to yell but I quickly activated my quirk, stripping his voice from him. He continued yelling, but no sound was coming out. It was kind of funny. 

Midoriya immediately started mumbling about how my hair floated and my eyes glow like Aizawa's but I stop people from using their voices instead of their quirks. Then he spoke again. "Does your quirk make you unable to talk? Is that why you're being so quiet?" 

This time my dad spoke. "She has something called selective mutism. She doesn't talk, and hasn't since she was a child. It's rude to ask questions about it, so don't. She communicates with sign language, something all heroes should learn one day. For now, she can communicate with this." He handed me a whiteboard.

Out of the corner of my eye I saw Hitoshi staring at me. He probably felt bad about the previous night. 

"Wait so she doesn't talk to anyone? At all?" The yellow haired boy asked after spitting a charger out of his mouth. 

"NO. MICHI-CHAN DOESNT FUCKING TALK, GET THAT THROUGH YOUR HEAD." Bakugo yelled again. 

"Michi-chan?" The tape boy asked. 

"Sounds like Bakugo's got a crush!" The red haired boy laughed. Ah. The red haired boy. Kirishima. I'd seen him at my work studies a few times last semester. I knew a lot about him. Both Tamaki and Katsuki had massive crushes on him.

"That's enough class. We used to live next door to the Bakugo family. They knew each other as kids. That's all." I could tell my dad was losing his patience. 

"So what I'm hearing is, she's single?" The Grape boy lisped again. 

The class all groaned in unison. I glanced at Hitoshi who still had his eyes on me. I must have had the wrong purple haired perv. 

After my dad broke up a fight between Katsuki and Minetta, he assigned me a seat in the middle of the class. To my right was Katsuki, to my left was Hitoshi, in front of me was Kirishima, and behind me was Mina. 

When it came time for English, my father left the room and the ever-so-loud Present Mic strutted in. "ALRIGHT CLASS! IM GOING TO PUT YOU IN PAIRS AND I WANT YOU TO WRITE AN ESSAY ON YOUR PARTNERS FACE! YA DIG?" 

"Like actually ON their face?" Denki asked excitedly. 

"ABSOLUTELY NOT!" Present Mic disapproved. "YOU'RE GONNA WRITE ABOUT THEIR FACE! GET DESCRIPTIVE!"