"Oh... oh shit."

Did I just turn in Yamaguchi's backstory for this AU for a school assignment? Yes, I did. Do I regret it? Nope.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"You're going to back out right now?" Akaashi asked.

"Maybe..."

"Really?"

"What else am I supposed to do?!"

"Kuroo, you're an idiot."

"I agree!" Bokuto added.

"Whatever!"

The three sat at their table discussing the reason why they were there. Kenma had excused himself earlier. The night had gone well so far and everyone seemed to be having a great time.

"Just get this over with."

"But what if-"

Beep! Beep! Beep!

"Everyone must evacuate the building immediately! Please do not block exits!"

"KUROO-" Bokuto yelled.

"I'm going get Kenma!" Kuroo said, running off.

At this point, the building was filling up with smoke. Everyone was rushing towards every exit they could find.

"Bokuto-San we have to leave now!"

"But Kuroo-"

"Bokuto-san!"

Bokuto knew it would be dangerous to find Kuroo, but he also knew there was a chance of him losing his best friend forever. There was also the slight chance of him not coming out of the building.

"Let's go," Bokuto said, grabbing Akaashi hand.

Kuroo would want him to be safe.

Bokuto lead them out of the building as quickly as possible. He helped other people get out if he had the chance.

~~~~~~

"KENMA!"

"Kuroo!"

The dark-haired student found his friend being pushed around in a large group due to his blond ends. Now the difficult task of him having to pull him out of the group had begun.

Kenma could've easily pulled himself out but people had pushed him to the middle and the group had no space to move. Thank the gods for Kuroo's height and strength. It was hard but he had still managed to get Kenma out.

The two held each other's hand for dear life. All that mattered at that moment was getting out alive.

The smoke had thickened and people had been coming in and getting out. Tables and chairs had been pushed which made it more difficult to walk without falling.

They made it out, after being pushed back many times.

"KENMA! KUROO!"

The two were immediately pulled into a hug by their friend, Bokuto. Akaashi stood to the side letting out a sigh of relief.

"Bokuto-San you're going to suffocate them."

"You're right!" Bokuto said, letting go of the two.

"I'm surprised you're not crying," Kenma sighed.

"He was about to. Are you guys okay?" Akaashi asked.

"Yeah."

Hours later...