If wishes were horses

This is not edited!! But I really wanted to put something out. Hope you enjoy. Will definitely bre edited soon.
+++++++++++++++++±+++++++++++++

In Luke's brain this whole situation would be the start of a bad joke. Six brothers sat together in a room....

Unfortunately it wasn't the start of just a joke. After Sang technically told the others to wait, the atmosphere had become a bit awkward.

Nathan still looked at him with hostility, Victor kept alternating between looking at Luke and his computer screen. Silas returned back to the football game on the Tv. But his eyes strayed back to him. Kota had that look on his face that meant he was most likely counting in his head. And Gabriel.....Gabriel had this look on his face that reminded him of the time he dragged him into a ghost house at a fair.

Legend came from the door, whined at him and leaned into his leg. Luckily it was the good one. The humongous animal then flopped his head into Luke's lap. Forcefully shoving his head under Luke's hand.

The animal gave a sigh when his master started scratching behind his ear. His body melting further against Luke leg.

"Is that a Rottweiler?" Kota asked. Internally Luke sighed himself. Kota was still himself. Taking the lead. Luke nodded his head , moving the scratching to the dog's sweet spot.

"Yes. But he isn't of German bloodline. This ball of sillyness is from Ireland. Original stock was German. But they made their line their own." Keeping to the illusion that Legend was only a normal dog was important. He wished fervently that they never got to see what made him so different.

"How is Max." He asked. There was a grimace on Kota's face. "He is getting older. He and North went to the vet. They should shortly return. "Legend is properly socialized so you don't have to worry about him starting a fight."

Kota snapped his fingers. Legend looked at Luke and only after his nod did he move to Kota.

"Where the fuck did you get those rags?" Gabriel finally spoke up. Luke grinned at his frowning brother. "A goodwill shop in New Orleans." He didn't add that he had to replace his old ones because of the bullet holes in it and it being covered in blood. "This pair of jeans are actually my favorite."

A look of horror spread over Gabriel's face. With sadness Luke noticed the extra black loop in Gabe's ear. So he was one of the ones that gave up on him.

He frowned at himself when he found that that didn't bother him. Yeah this was going to be so much harder than what he thought.

Silas pointed to the TV screen. "You still like movies?" Luke found that his laughter came naturally. When last did he truly laugh. "Yeah. But there hasn't been much time to watch sports or movies for me lately." To everyone's credit no one asked why.

Sang poked him in his side and he almost cried out when she poked on his wound. "You are too skinny." He smiled down at her. "Not much time for eating either. Besides no one cooks like you."

Luke cursed at himself in his head when he noticed speculative expressions on Victor and Silas faces.

Nathan was furiously typing on his phone. Tattle tale. He was about hundred percent certain that more than one phone has been glued into this room from those not present.

His own phone rang, Bleed it out by Linkin Park sounded out. He answered it. "You made it?" He didn't even give Ben a hi. That's how they rolled.

"You could have warned me what your Uncle was like. This Diner is awesome by the way." Luke snickered at his cousin's tone. "Where was the fun in that." He asked.

"Laugh it up bud. Your Uncle wants to see you tomorrow." Her voice got more serious. "And Mason called. I didn'tanswer." The last bit didn't surprise him. " The slime ball would most likely phone you next. Remind him that I don't answer calls from trash."

Luke messaged the bridge of his nose before tucking at his ponytail. "You let my Uncle take care of you and leave the vultures to me." A bit of ice bled into his voice.

"Brother, I don't want to be dragged into their business again." Luke hated the sliver of fear in her voice. "Don't fret little sister. I will deal with it. Get some food in your and rest. You earned it Benny."

After a grunt the call was cut and he put the phone back into his jacket pocket. "That was who?" Nathan aggressive tone made him want to slap him.

"Someone I will eventually introduce you to as soon as you drop your shitty attitude." Luke looked at Nathan and his red face. "And if you don't stop upsetting Sang and the baby we will really have an issue."

Nathan didn't understand. Luke would normally back down from him. What the hell happened.

From the side Sang watched. During that call for the first time she had a brief look at the Luke she remembered. This Luke was too guarded for her liking. The change in his was drastic. What exactly happened to her Luke? She had a feeling that they would not fully ever know.

Victor was the only one silent. He was storing away information. Luke been to Ireland. He himself could not speak Gaelic but during his world wide tour when he retired he met people that did. And they spoke it well. As well as Luke did when he spoke to his dog.

Another fact. Luke was skinny and he had a beard stubble. Most likely he was on the move a lot and appearance and food was secondary in importance. Luke had the same look that he seen on soldiers that returned from combat.

Luke was colder. There was a edge to his voice during that call that filled Victor with unease. On one of their assignments they dealt with a gang leader. Why did his voice remind him of that.

No time to really watch sports or movies, not Luke like at all. No time to eat decently, also not like Luke. And how he handled Nathan's hostility.....

A car pulled up in the driveway and she got up to welcome her other dearest.

"If dreams were horses then beggars would ride." She mumbled as she left the room. O, she dreamt of this but this wasn't what she would have thought the outcome.