Homecoming

Author note

This is my retry of trying my hand at fanfiction.

This story isn't written for money and I do not own any of CL. Stone's Academy characters.

I do own the other characters though and the plot isn't the same as the original books.

I want to thank Annie Mous and RogueHope for their encouragement. And RogueHope for being my Beta reader. Also The Academy fanfiction Facebook group.

Check out their stories. They awesome. Now let's get started.

Homecoming

Luke stared at the house that held his past. He has been sitting in front of it for the last two hours. There were movement and light behind the blinds and curtains. The family was home. He reached behind his head and tucked at his ponytail. It was a new tic he developed over the last two years. He so badly wanted to get out and go to them but he felt like he was frozen in his seat.

Behind him there was a whine and a huge dog shoved his head through the space between the two front seats. The dog butted his cheek with his head. Molten golden brown eyes shoving its worry. Luke let go of his ponytail and scratched the dog behind its ear.

"Luke. You can do this." After hours of silence the driver's voice came out husky. Luke tore his eyes from the house and looked at the driver. The dog took the opportunity to lick Luke's ear. Luke blew out his breath, trying to dislodge the feelings that has been building up in him.

He looked as his mismatched eyed partner and started tucking at his hair again. "What if they do not want me back? What if everything has changed?" His voice was soft as if voicing the thoughts physically hurt him. Ben laid her head on the steering wheel for a second, eyes closed. Luke was stressing. Luke was everything but insecure. Seeing him like this hurt.

In fact Luke has always been very confident. That seemed to run in his side of the family at least. Ben remembered when the shell she had become met Luke. She was speechless when a male version of her own face stared at her through the bars , the face structure, the mouth. They were cousins, the jailers told them. Their cursed blood was what they were after.

She lifted her head and her eyes met his striking brown ones. " Cousin from what I learned, they never stopped looking. Not once. They will always remain your family. We all change. It is the one constant you can count on. It has been as hard om them as it has been on you."

The intensity of those mismatched eyes made people look away when they were this fixed on them. It was like she was looking in your soul. Luke was not affected, that passion behind those eyes played a massive role in their survival. She saw herself plain but that grey green and brown eyes made his feel dull eventhough people called his own striking. He was sure she meant her words as encouragement but his emotions refused to settle.

That was part of what terrified Luke so much. The change. Two years ago when he was dragged away from his family, the old Luke he was, died. Not physically. He could never be that person again. He has seen things, had things done to him and did things that changed him down to the core of his soul.

His jokes and pranks were part of a defense mechanism. He didn't realize it existed till that mask was ripped of in the most painful way. Non of his brothers ever knew that it was only a mask. What if the Luke he is now was too different?

He yelped when Ben slapped him behind his head. "Stop thinking so loud. You're hurting my brain. " She grumbled, frowning at him. That action made Luke smile.