Don't count your chickens before they hatch.

"I don't like the Nathan dude." Ben told Luke. There were very few people Ben liked. Her natural cautious and cynical personality took some getting used to.

She had good reason to not trust. Which made the fact that she trusted him so precious to Luke. And Nathan's attitude bothered Luke too.

But even if Sean could not speak Gealic he would recognise Nathan's name. This was a talk he'd rather not have now. 

He had to question, did Nathan always had this attitude towards him? He actually questioned all his relationships with his brothers.

He could see a lot of head butting in his future. Three years bring changes. Also experience and time can change people drastically. So does trauma. And he had a lot of that.

The room Sean led them into had the standard doctor's room things. The desk, the bed covered with a plastic cover. The equipment. But it didn't give a sterile feel to it. Luke could see Gabriel's hand in it.

Ben had a half wild look in her eyes and Luke wondered if he looked the same way, judging by the concerned look Sean was giving them.

"I will go first." Luke wanted Ben to see that they would be ok. That he trusted Sean. She looked about ready to flee. It was important that she didn't feel trapped. A trapped Ben was a deadly Ben.

"Drop the pants so we can have a look at that leg." There was a clear no nonsense tone to Sean's voice. And Luke found himself obeying. Ben sniggered at the donut covered boxers he wore. He just rolled his eyes at her.

Sean was frowning at the stitched up wound. "You did a good job on the stitches." He commented as he let the slightly blood soiled plaster fall into the dustbin.

"And I thought you said you were taking care of it? It is infected Luke." Sean didn't sound happy. Luke looked at the ground instead of at his brother.

What followed tested Luke's resolve to get Ben to trust Sean. He was sweating after induring having the wound flushed to clear it from pus. "I'm putting you on antibiotics to clear the infection. I will also give you a shot for the pain."

Luke caught his arm. Brown eyes looked into Sean's, hard and cold. "No needles. I'll take how many tablets it takes for pain relief but no needles." Ben nodded her head indicating she was in agreement with Luke.

This made Sean frown. "And I guess if I ask you won't tell me why you have an aversion to needles?"

"They injected drugs into us while we were held captive." Luke was trusting that his elder brother would keep this to himself. "Needles bring flashbacks. I'd rather avoid those." There for a moment was a murderous look in his usually gentle brother's eyes.

Next was Ben's turn. She was visible sweating when Sean was done. Hers were not infected but as a precaution she got antibiotics too.

Wierdly enough Luke didn't feel uncomfortable letting him see his scars. He quietly asked Sean to keep what he saw to himself. He asked him as his doctor and not his brother.

"You know they going to ask." Sean told him as he got redressed. He nodded and gave half a smile. "So you tell them because of patient confidentiality you can't answer. I don't mind people knowing I have scars but ,,,I don't want them to know specifics."

They left the room and Luke didn't bother pretending not to limp anymore. They all know about the injury so trying to hide it now was useless.

They rejoined the rest of the family and Uncle looked unhappily at him. " How bout the three of us take a drive. We have lots to discuss."

They really needed to talk. He would give his uncle more information than he would his brothers. His uncle knew what his mom was after all. So they left. Dogs in tow.

And he knew his brothers were going to most likely discuss him. He was fine with that. Let them talk. It changed very little.

He knew eventually he'd have to sit down with them too and hash things out. But right now he basked in the comfort and safety he felt with his Uncle. It's been a long time since he felt safe.

They waited till they heard the car pulled out the driveway. The look they all shared was met with them walking to the living room.

Victor didn't like how the pieces fell together in his head. He was powerless here. He needed desperately to help Luke but had no idea how to even start going about it. So all he could do was be there for him. He made up his mind irrespective of what got decided he'd have Luke's back. It was a miracle that he was back.

North felt that what happened the night before was between them. He could let them know not to touch Luke. He could even mention that Luke had a panick attack.

But that knife against his throat? No he'd keep that to himself. It was time that he started to fix things with Luke. And he'd start by keeping his brother's confidence to himself.

They haven't had the need for a family meeting in a while. Nathan looked bothered and in the first moments he brought the whole imposter claim in. Only to be stared down.

North wanted to throttle him. "He is definitely Luke. And there is some things you need to be made aware of. Don't touch him unless he initiated it. He reacts badly to it. I got a tentative promise from him that he will see someone about it. He had a massive panic attack last night."

Sean nodded his head. "I know someone that will work well. I will clear it with both of them and we will see where it goes. Don't pressure him. Luke is a flight risk. He is severely underweight, his wound is infected and I must agree with North. We need to be careful with him."

"We can't do things behind his back. If we want him back we need to approach things carefully. Our Luke is still there. But also know that he has changed. We need to get to know him again." Owen added on. He leveled a meaningful look at Nathan.

"What ever problem you have with him, sort it out. We only got him back. I would like to make sure we don't lose him again." Owen didn't leave room for arguement.

"We need to remember that he didn't actually tell us what actually happened to him. He gave us an explanation but there is so much he left unsaid." Victor put in his view.

"What I learned from the war veterans is that there are triggers to their PTSD. And there is no doubt in my mind that he has PTSD. We need to move slow till we know what triggers him." He continued.

"We can talk but we need to make sure Luke is part of the discussion. Also the girl that came with him. He seems very close to her. Let's get to know her. I think she is key to us getting closer to him again." Kota noted.