Tears

Christmas was the happiest you could get it to be after that, Sirius and Sophie returned to Grimmauld place for the full moon. Sirius didn't bring anything up about his brother being mentioned at all, really they were both quite quiet. The day after, Sophie returned to the burrow for the rest of their holiday only to sneak off to Fred and George's flat and crash there for a while considering Remus hadn't said if she could yet or not.

Harry was still moping around a little more then ever actually now, now he was certain Draco Malfoy was a death eater, and as much as they were arguing Sophie couldn't keep lying to him. So she simply stayed out of his way.

Whilst she was sat alone in a compartment on the train he was probably doing everything he could to convince Hermione and Ron that he was right, and he was getting close. She was reading a muggle book she had been gifted from Mr Weasley, 'Beauty and the Beast' cliche i know, but she was enjoying it.

She was only brought back to reality when the carriage door slid open and two familiar people walked in, two friendly to her but confusing together people.

"Hey?" She said tilting her head slightly as the two boy took a seat opposite her, she closed her book and placed it into her bag before turning and looking to them both.

"Hey, how was Christmas?" Draco asked handing over a chocolate frog which she took gratefully.

"Not the best." She shrugged opening it and biting of its head after it attempted to jump around. "How about you two, nothing horrible happen i presume?"

"Not for me." Mason shrugged keeping his eyes on the window.

"Alright I suppose." Draco shrugged.

The tension in the cart was quite strange, they all avoided eye contact, whenever someone would walk past their heads would shoot in that direction. Dracos foot was constantly bobbing up and down whilst Mason would play with the hem of his robes.

"So when did you two start speaking?" Sophie asked breaking the eerie silence.

"Hm?" Mason said looking between the girl and the boy.

"His mum knows my mum, came round quite a bit at Christmas is all." He said plainly.

"Oh right." Sophie nodded messing with the small piece of skin peeling from her new scar on her arm.

"How was everything." Draco said nodding down to her hand.

"Hm, oh er everything was fine i suppose." She mumbled.

"You suppose?" He repeated. "Did something happen?"

Sophie thought back to what happened the night Greyback turned up at the burrow and then to the conversation the day before, and she couldn't help but just think, Draco is a death eater. There may or may not be a werewolf at Hogwarts, should she really tell people about this. It was a horrible feeling, she trusted him but she couldn't with this, it could end horribly and it would be her fault for not taking precaution just like Remus whished.

"Sophie, are you okay?" Mason asked finally looking up at the girl. "What happened you can tell us you know?"

"Nothing happened." She sighed looking at the trees rolling by outside. "It's just dark times, it's hard to enjoy things at the minute."

"We all need to pick a side." Mason said.

"What?" Sophie spoke looking back at him. "Why's it even, I don't know about you but i have picked a side, don't tell me your even contemplating-"

"I didn't mean it like that!" Mason snapped.

"Course you didn't." She replied rolling her eyes. "Bet you've gotten it easy."

"Gotten it easy!" Mason raised his voice. "You don't know the start of it Sophie, you don't have your parents trying to make you a bloody soldier do you, you don't have anything to worry about, no one could possibly be prejudice towards you!"

"Oh think again Mason, you don't know the half of my story." She said jumping to her feet and collecting her things. "No, my parents are dead! My brother is trying to keep me away from my friends, there may or may not be someone against me at Hogwarts and some freaking animal can control my memory! Oh did i forget to mention my godfather is a werewolf!" She spat before turning to the door and walking out the compartment. "Prejudice my arse!"

The door shook violently after being rammed back into place but she didn't care, she gripped her shoulder bad tighter and stormed down the train looking for another compartment, she couldn't even care if it had to be with her brother at this point. Who even was Mason, he just shows up out of the blue, asks random questions and expects to get his way and have people feel sorry for him!

"And i apologise for how i acted over the holidays." Harry finished. He had crept down to the common room in the middle of the night, completely sleep deprived since his sister left the burrow only to find her sat there by the window staring at the crescent moon.

"It's fine, i've told you." Sophie smiled taking ahold of her brothers hand. "Why does Dumbledore want you so close with Slughorn then?"

"Something about needing a memory, I don't know he won't tell me the full story but Slughorn has erased something important that only he knows, something that will help us win the war." he said holding her hand just as tight.

"And he thinks you'll be able to get it from him?" She asked furrowing her brows slightly.

"Apparently so, but if it helps us get through this then I'm going to do all i can to get them from him." He nodded pulling his sister in for a hug. "I'm sorry Sophie, I'm sorry I've been being such a git."

"It hurts." She whispered against his chest holding her arms tight around him, searching for a sense of security. "It hurts Harry, all the time."

"Woah woah." He said pulling away and holding her shoulders, "Soph what hurts."

"Everything." She sobbed, "everything hurts so much."

"Sophie please." He whispered rubbing the tears away with his thumbs, "I need you to tell me exactly what hurts."

"I miss them so much, and the transformations they hurt all the time, and the war, and Remus and Greyback and you and the stupid war." She cried holding her head in her hands. "I don't know if I'm strong enough for this Harry, brave enough."

"Sophie Lily Potter you are one of the bravest people i have ever met." He said calmly shifting closer and wrapping an arm around her, "you can do anything you put your mind to okay. The quicker all of this is over the quicker were all going to be okay. You can do this."

"What if, Harry what if they take me away."

"Sophie no ones taking you anywhere, I won't let them I promise." He soothed. "Sophie your going to be just fine, we all are. You can do this okay, for me. For Fred and Remus, for Sirius, Sophie."

"Harry?"

"Yeah."

"I love you."

"I love you too."

I need to write more Sophie and Harry scenes they hardly act like siblings lol.

I haven't updated in a few days my apologies I've been writing chapters for my new story haha.