rise and shine

Fred's pov.

Nobody said it was easy. Nobody exactly said it would be this hard either.
Albus started Hogwarts today. I immediately visited Sophie to explain everything that happened— all the good stuff.
She had been moved recently due to a new term starting at Hogwarts and her sign of recovery, back home. To the flat, above our shop.

***

"Afternoon," George whispered one evening after closing up downstairs. He ventured slowly to the fridge and brought over a bottle of butter bear. I opened it instantly, draining half of the beverage before placing it on the table beside the sofa.

"Harry is coming soon," he stated. "With Lupin, and Black, he said the girls will try come too."

I nodded, mute. I very rarely spoke these days, only on special occasions. Alas, today was special. "Ron?"

She shook his head, no. He hardly showed up anymore. The family thought he was losing hope. Heck hardly anybody showed up.

A month is what they had all given us. A month for her to wake up, if not. Well she never will. They'll stop the process, the life support. They'll stop it and she'll be gone forever.

I sighed. Picked up my drink and took another gulp- emptying it this time.

George was right, Harry, and everyone, showed up within the hour. We watched the clock tick and the starts shine outside. We waited until the time read midnight before beginning what had become a tradition.

"Happy birthday to Sophie," and on.

We sang for what felt like hours, I continued of course- longer than everyone else.

By the time the sun had come up I was still humming along quietly. I needed her to wake up. She had twenty nine days left to do so.

***

"You have twenty days my love."

***

"Sixteen days my sweet."

***

"Come on Sophie."

***

"I know your in there."

***

"Ten days."

***

"Sophie, you have seven days."

***

"Please."

***

"Home stretch."

***

"How many days?"

"Three."

***

"Two."

***

"Fred." George walked slowly into the dining area. Sophie's lifeless body lay on our sofa. Her breathing decreased in the night, I never left her side, I squeezed her hand— she squeezed it back.

She was in there still.

"Say goodbye mate."

He left.

***

"If you don't bloody wake up I will come over there and rip you out of this slumber myself!"
"You've had years of beauty sleep get up!"
"Sophie Lily Potter I need you okay! Is this what you wanted me to admit? Eh? Get up! I need you, we all need you, Scorpius needs you!"

"Malfoy!"

"Weasley."

"Get out."

"I'm visiting."

"Out."

She felt a hand place on her shoulder, a kiss to her cheek. "Wake up Sophie, please."

"Leave."

So he did.

Fred would never have guessed the girl was going to wake up as they left the apartment. Nor was he to guess she remembered nothing of the people around her, of what happened to her family or friends or why she had been in a coma for a numerous amount of years. Too long, Fred had told her. She was awake, and that was the good thing, they would worry about her memory later.

A:N- I apologise I needed even chapter numbers :/

*The End*