3 - shopping for shit

y/n's pov

i watched as my brother built my pc, i was very excited. when i say i was excited, i mean it. when he finally finished i thanked him various times before immediately grabbing some spare change and basically begging for him to take me shopping.

he sighed and chucked a bit as he went downstairs to grab his keys and put on his shoes. i put on mine and we left the house.

"will, can we go to get stuff for my setup?" i was basically pleading for him to take me setup shopping.

will nodded slowly and began to speak.

"i figured that's what you meant when you said you wanted me to take you shopping."

by the time we had gone silent we were in the car. i reached for the aux and glanced at will. he gave me a quick thumbs up after rolling his eyes and started the car.

now playing ~ tangerine by glass animals

i started to hum to lyrics to the song as it played.

im begging hands, knees, please, tangerine,
come on back to me.

will rolled down the windows of the car. the wind blew through my hair.

you let the devil in
and all you talk is money, money, money, money, money

i sighed and looked out the window next to me, as to previously i was looking out the one in front of me.

what color should my setup be?

i think that a f/c one would be nice.

the song that was playing slowly faded away as another started to play.

now playing ~ pretty girl by clairo

i hummed along with these lyrics as well. the playlist that was playing was one i adored. a playlist that fit only the best of my moods.

and i could be a pretty girl,
i'll wear a skirt for you.

i bopped my head along to the lyrics as will sang along to my humming. i snapped out of the daydream i was in as my phone make a small dinging noise.

i wonder who it could be....

you opened your phone to find that your best friend had texted you on imessage.

***

bestie💕- y/n are you busy?

yeah, a bit. i'm getting stuff for the gaming setup that i've wanted!!

bestie💕 - pog!! make sure you have time to facetime later, i'm boreddd

***

i wasn't too worried about missing the facetime call or not, i could always call her the next day.

will had pulled up to a shop that seemed like it carried a lot of technological related stuff, which would have made sense for the fact i was looking for stuff for my setup.

i glanced around the store after entering. i saw a section that contained stuff that was all f/c.

i dragged will over to it and looked around at the section. it contained everything from cat-eared headsets to adorable mousepads.

i picked out some f/c cat-eared headphones and a f/c mouse, along with a mousepad that matched it. the mouse was wireless, according to will it looked like it would work well.

i also grabbed some led lights that would hopefully match the setup well. all i needed was a gaming chair.

will took me over to where they all were and let me choose. the f/c one looked nice, and it would match everything else, so i chose that one.

will dragged me over to the front desk to pay for all my stuff, which meant that i got to set it all up when we arrived home.

after checking out at the desk will and i packed everything into the backseat of the car and got inside.

he was obviously having a good day because he let you have the aux again on the way home.

now playing ~ love like you (duet) by caleb hyles and ashe