Chapter 1 - New Friends

"ARGH!" Aang yelled. He couldn't find his dorm. Of course, the struggles of being a High School sophomore never ended, and life had to trouble you at the start of every day.

"Come on, Aang! It's your first day! Find your dorm or find someone!" Aang thought to himself, mentally facepalming at his inability to find his keys.

Aang walked up to another student. He had messy chestnut hair that partly covered his ocean blue eyes.

"Hi! Could you help me find my room?" He asked.

"Oh! Sure!" The boy responded.

"I'm Aang," Aang introduced himself and smiled.

"I'm Sokka. What dorm room are you in?" Sokka asked, fiddling with his dorm keys.

"Room 33. I can't seem to find it," Aang laughed, his black as night hair, waving around with him.

"33! I can take you there, I'm in Dorm 33!" Sokka faced Aang walking backward, and laughing.

They walked through the building and eventually found the room. They walked in and Aang set his bags down on a four-poster bed. It had beautiful bed sheets that were sprinkled with flower designs of lavenders, daisies, and sunflowers.

"Hey, I'm Aang," Aang said, walking up to a guy with black hair and a blood-red scar.

"I'm Zuko," He said in a gruff voice. Even just his speaking seemed intimidating. It sent shivers down Aang's spine.

Aang walked away, still terrified from the boy he just met. Aang wasn't the type of guy to be scared easily. But it seemed that Zuko had an opposite effect on him.

"Don't worry about Zuko, he's not too scary once you get to know him," Sokka told Aang, walking over to his bed. Sokka seemed more of the genuine, funny, and sarcastic guy. The laugh of the group.

"Oh," Aang sat down on his bed, making him sink deeper.

Just as Sokka was about to respond, there was a knock on the door.

"Sokka! You forgot your bag in my room!" A muffled voice said from across the food.

Sokka opened the door. A girl with long, brown hair and blue eyes walked in. She had long chestnut hair, just like Sokka, and had a scowl plastered on her face. Even when she was angry, she looked beautiful.

"That's probably his sister," Aang thought, putting together the pieces.

"Sorry, 'mom'," Sokka replied and rolled his eyes.

"Don't call me that," The girl said and flicked his forehead. Aang laughed at the scene in front of him

"Owww, Mom," Sokka whined while rubbing his forehead with his palm vigorously. Katara rolled her eyes at his childish antics. Seems like that runs in the family.

"Hey, I'm Aang," Aang walked up and stuck his hand out. Though it might seem like an odd thing to do at a first meeting, the girl didn't seem to notice.

"I'm Katara," She responded, shaking his hand.

"That doof is Sokka," Katara glared at him, still wearing a scowl while looking at Sokka.

"So that must mean you're the doof's sister?" Aang laughed. Katara smiled.

"Yep. Sadly, I'm related to that," She said, pointing at Sokka with a disgusted look, who was busy throwing his clothes from his suitcase onto his bed instead of putting them in the closet.

"Well, I'm going to go back to my room," Katara said, turning back to Aang, "If you need anything, just ask this doofus for my number."

"Sure, see you later," Aang replied with a smile. Aang's heart fluttered as Katara flashed him a smile and turned towards the door.

Katara walked out of their room and closed the door with a click. Aang flopped onto the bed with his face buried in the pillows.

"Girls, am I right?" Sokka jokes and returns to his bed and starts throwing his already wrinkled clothes into the closet.

Aang chuckled and took the clothes out of his bag. He put them in the dresser next to his bed. He slipped his orange and yellow sweatshirt off, revealing the tattoos he got last year when he turned 14. His culture was different from the rest. You didn't need to give food to Water Tribe Gods or be under control by a certain Earth King, it was more of a sign to show that we wear our culture proud.

"Cool tattoos," Sokka eyed him.

"Thanks," Aang said and flashed Sokka a smile. "I got them when I turned 14."

"Did it hurt?" Zuko asked, from his bed.

"A little. Once it's done, it's done," Aang chuckled.

"Cool," Zuko said in a gruff voice. Yup, still intimidating.

Aang winced, afraid that Zuko could snap him in half if he made the wrong move. He continued to unpack. He pulled out his laptop, setting it on the nightstand next to him.

Aang noticed a guitar by Sokka's bed.

"Seems like he plays, nice," Aang thought, finally thinking a boarding High School might not be all bad.

In Katara's Room [Dorm 35]

"Toph!" Katara shrieked, her voice going to all corners of the dorm.

"What?" Toph screamed back, her ear-piercing shriek almost deafening Katara.

"Give me my phone back! I know you took it!" Katara glared at Toph.

"No, I don't!" Toph smirked.

Katara pulled it out of Toph's pocket. The blue sparkle-covered phone was there, along with some gum stuck to its side.

"Really? Liar," Katara said. Toph stuck her tongue out while carefully plucking the gum off and popping it in her mouth.

"Still tastes good," Toph thought, chuckling to herself.

Someone entered their keys into the slot and the door opened. Two girls walked in. One was wearing dark red clothes and had knives in her hair and the other was skipping into the room, her black hair bouncing up and down like she was.

"Mai! It's so cute!" One of the girls squealed.

"It's so girly," The other girl responded and shuddered.

"Don't say that. It's bad for your aura and your skin when you're negative," The other girl said, obviously proud of her statement.

"Hi! I'm Ty Lee and that is Mai!" The girl said, hugging Katara and Toph, squeezing them, till they started coughing.

"Did you just hug me?" Toph was disgusted. She threw a glare at the girl. Well, tried to, she was blind.

"Ty Lee, let's try not to get all 'sappy' on our roommates," Mai said dully, walking over to a bed and placing her stuff on it.

"First day of High School! Woohoo!" Katara thought.

Hello, hello, hello! This is a collab between me (_lightningthief_) and obssesedwith_atla

Note: In regular high schools, they don't have dorms. So, this is Boarding High School.