Chapter 5 - You Like Me?

~The next morning~

"Sokka! Get up!" Katara barged into their dorm, and Aang shot up.

"Oh, hi Aang!" Katara shot him a smile before vigorously shaking Sokka.

"What in the world are you doing in here?" Aang asked, getting out of bed.

"If I don't wake my brother, then he'll be late for classes," Katara replied.

"Oh," Aang nodded. He opened his dresser and picked out some clothes before entering the bathroom to change.

After coming out, Katara stared at him.

"Uh, Katara? You ok?" Aang asked, wondering why she was staring.

"O-oh! Y-yeah!" Katara turned red and turned around. Sokka started making kissy-faces. Katara slapped him.

"Ow!" Sokka shrieked, making Aang look over. Katara gave him a sarcastic smile, before dragging Sokka outside.

"What is your problem?!" Katara asked, whisper-shouting at Sokka.

"My problem? What's going on with you and Aang?!" Sokka replied, glaring at her.

"I- um- Nothing!" Was all Katara could muster up.

Sokka smirked, "You like him don't you?!"

"W-what! No!" Katara replied, playing with her hair.

"Yes! When you lie, you play with your hair! How can you already have a crush on the new guy? It's been 2 days!"

"He's just really cute. With his-his hair and the-the stormy, gray eyes," Katara said, dreamily.

Sokka playfully slapped her arm. "Go talk to him," He said, pushing her into the room. She tried to run out but Sokka wouldn't let her.

"Oh, hey Katara! What are you doing here?" Aang asked, puzzled. He quickly picked up the rest of his supplies and dumped them into his orange and sun yellow backpack.

"Oh! Just-just....looking for my phone!" Katara said, kneeling behind the bed and picking it out of her pocket.

"Here it is! Silly phone!" She said, pretending to find it.

"O-ok?" Aang replied, scrunching his face

"Well, look at the time! I better get my stuff for class!" Katara said, running out of the room.

"That was weird," Aang thought, slinging his back over his shoulder. Aang shrugged it off, and walked out of the room, and started making his way towards the school building.

~a few minutes later~

Saying the school was giant is an understatement. It was twenty times the size of the high schools in Ba Sing Se and it was the most modern, too. Boarding High Schools were still a new concept but it looks like they spared no expense. The teachers were the best of the best, super nice and the students were from the highest class and were incredibly wealthy. Not to mention there were plenty of people for anyone to make friends with. The classrooms were big and everyone had great learning opportunities because of the highly qualified teachers.

When they walked in, all eyes were on them. Of course, they were new, they were interesting, and it would fill people's hunger for rumors.

"I heard they broke out of jail."

"No, I heard that they paid their way into Republic High."

"I think they might have stolen all those things."

Katara sighed. This was bound to happen. And only one person would've done this. Jet.

"Hey sweetheart," Jet said, smirking. He leaned in closer to Katara and traced his fingers down her jaw.