Chapter 3 - The Band

(Katara's POV)

Aang and I walked back into his room with our fists ready to talk to Sokka. Well, mine at least. I could punch him any day for just being an absolute doof. Why not? He was my punching bag! And Aang was with me on that. I had met him just a couple of days ago, but he already seemed like family. Maybe it's that smile, or maybe the way he makes me laugh.

Once we reached my dorm, he plopped me into my bed and started to walk back.

But, Aang's attention went from the door to the wall next to my bed. Aang noticed something on the wall behind us. It was a poster for 'The Battle Of The Bands'. It had splashing colors and a picture of a band playing. You entered with a band and the judges decide if you move up or down.

"Interesting," Aang's gears started turning and thinking about it,

"Katara," Aang said, trying to get my attention. I turned my head away from the bedside table to face him. "Let's make a band!"

"What?" I replied, dumbfounded.

"A band," He said slowly, making sure I understood every word. I wanted to burst out laughing but took an abrupt stop after his serious expression.

"What do you mean?" I asked, looking him up and down. He looked at me like I was the dumbest person ever.

Aang sighed.

"We can make a band, all of us," he said, pointing in the direction of his room across the hall and smiling.

"Oh! You and I can sing, Sokka can play the electric guitar, Toph plays bass," I said, his words finally sinking into my head. I could imagine all of us, on the stage, rocking it!

"Yes, exactly!" Aang shrieked, overjoyed I finally understood what he was saying.

He quickly turned around and started to go out the door.

"Where are you going?" I questioned him, sitting up on my bed.

"To get drunk from orange juice. TO TELL THE OTHERS!," He answered sarcastically while rolling his eyes. I scrunched my face at him and quickly stood up from the edge of the bed.

"Make sure to punch Sokka for me!" I yelled to him from my seat on the bed.

"No, you're coming," he said, smirking.

(No POV)

Aang quickly grabbed Katara's hands and dragged her out of her dorm and across the hallway. Before he could knock, the door swung open.

"Where'd you guys go?" Sokka asked and looked at Katara and Aang. They let their hands go, their hands slapping their sides, breaking the silence.

"Nowhere," Katara said, nonchalantly.

"Okayyy," Sokka said slowly, definitely not believing the two. He stared at them for a few seconds and backed away.

"So, we had a great idea!" Aang said, breaking the silence.

"What?" Sokka asked, looking at him.

"We should start a band! There's a competition, The Battle Of The Bands, we can enter!" Katara told him, almost jumping up and down.

"Oh! I've seen those posters around! That's a good idea!" Sokka said, moving his hands as he spoke. "But, we need more than two people."

"What about me?!?!" Aang spoke up, "It was my idea."

"You said you weren't such a good singer," Sokka said nonchalantly, all the while Aang was internally consumed by his anger. His face was as red as a tomato, and his face was scrunched up.

"I was being modest!" Aang said, attempting to keep his cool. while Sokka looked untouched, keeping his straight face.

"How about we go check out my new mic?" Katara said, dragging Aang out of the room. After a few silent moments of trudging across to Katara's room, she decided to break the silence.

"Sorry about Sokka, he is a total idiot sometimes," Katara said to Aang.

No response. She quickly paused before continuing, "He is always an idiot."

Aang laughed at that, throwing his head back.

"I want to punch Sokka right now," he said.

"It's okay, it happens. More with Sokka than with anyone else." Katara said while rolling her eyes. They walked the rest of the way to Katara's dorm silently. Katara sat into Aang's lap and looked at him.

Katara scooted closer and leaned her head against his shoulder. Just as she was about to pull away, the door swung open.

"Always wrong timing," Katara thought, inwardly sighing.

"Katara? What is he doing here?"