Chapter 9 - Go Us!

This chapter was sponsored by: Stress Writing! Enjoy!

[Katara's POV]

"Please excuse us," I murmured, grabbing Suki's arm and dragging her to the next hallway. I shot her a menacing glare and turned her around to face me.

"Are you serious? The first day and you already got a boyfriend?" Suki sing-songed, a playful smirk on her face. My face remained like steel and my eyes could kill. Even after looking at me, she continued, "LoVEy dOvEy, sMOoChiE SmOocHie."

"Please don't embarrass me, spare me," I sighed, knowing all too well that Suki will not listen to me. Suki just rolled her eyes, shrugged, and went back to interrogate my boyfriend. Great. Note the sarcasm.

As I was walking over to the hallway to watch Suki turn Aang's face into a tomato, I heard whispered chattering. It was coming from the empty janitor's closet. That's where you end up getting kidnapped. I hope I don't get kidnapped.

"Are you sure this will work?" Jet. What is that player doing now? Making trouble.

"Yes, you can have your girl and the win," another, much older voice spoke up. It seemed familiar like I've heard it before, but I can't grasp it.

"Great, I'll make sure you have the money," Jet's voice echoed. I could hear the smirk in his voice. Seriously, does that guy do anything else?

I stalked onto the closet and looked around to see if anyone was there. I looked like an idiot in the hallway, looking like a wannabe spy. The hallway was so empty, you could hear a pin drop.

I looked through the glass on the closet and saw a man, about in his mid-thirties, standing in the closet with Jet. Lao Beifong. I squinted, to look closely through the black-tainted glass, but the figure didn't change. It was Toph's dad. No question about it.

My mouth dropped, literally, and I opened the door, causing it to make a squeak. Immediately, two heads turned towards an awkward me. I smiled nervously and there was a minute of tension in the air. I gulped audibly before breaking out. Wrong choice.

"Jet?! What do you think you're doing?!" I shrieked, my face went from calm to angry.

"Get out of here Katara! It's none of your business!" Jet replied calmly, his face was as still as a stone and his lips were pursed.

"Yes, it is! I bet Toph will wonder why her dad is making a deal with you." I retorted, folding my arms in front of me and returning the cold, steely gaze I was getting from Jet. All the while, Lao Bei Fong was standing behind him, still dazed from what was happening.

"You will not speak of this to anyone," Jet claimed, pointing to the door and stepping closer to me. I slowly stepped back, hitting the hard brick wall and wincing, and looked around for ways to run. I pushed him away and swung open the door and ran. My right shoulder hit fiercely against the door frame and tears were threatening to spill.

After running through the hallways, I found Aang talking to Sokka and Zuko. My shoulder was throbbing as it felt like it was being poked by needles repetitively. I clutched onto it. I walked next to Aang and grabbed his hand.

Sokka and Zuko took it as a message and waved goodbye, walking to their next class.

From the bottom of my tank top, there was a growing purple bruise and I winced when Aang put his arm around my shoulder. He quickly retracted it, slinging his arm around my waist instead.

"What's wrong?" Aang asked, walking me to my next class. He quickly bent down and gave me an Oscar-winning smile. "Are you okay?"

"My shoulder," I pouted, pointing to it. I tried to touch it, but it resulted in me squeezing my eyelids shut.