Chapter 9

Dawson

"Are you frigging kidding me?!" I groan. I rest my forehead on Adelaide's chest for a split second and let out a sigh before sitting up, straddling her. "Guys!" I yell, looking over the couch at our intruders. I look around urgently for Adelaide's clothes. I can't find them fast enough so I throw a fleece blanket from the end of the couch onto her. She quickly pulls her knees to her chest and covers her body with it. She is mostly hidden by the back of the couch that's facing my asshole friends. I curse myself for not locking the back door when I see her face turning beet red.

"Oh shit." London says, drawing out her words, with a shit-eating grin on her face.

"Sorry dude." Todd says, closing the door behind them.

They can't be that sorry, seeing as they aren't leaving. Instead, they make themselves comfortable at the stools of my kitchen island. They did this on purpose. They knew I was going for supper with Adelaide. Why would they show up here? Cock blockers. Poor Adelaide is sitting here almost naked in my house trying to cover herself up, her pink lacy bra peeking out where I can just see it. I watch her adjust her bra straps and my shrinking chub perks up aga- shit Dawson, not the time! I hope she still talks to me after this.

"Do you mind?" I turn to Todd and London and raise my arms out beside me incredulously.

"It's okay." Adelaide squeaks. "I guess you shouldn't have ditched them tonight."

"I like this girl!" Todd says loudly, pointing at her.

I look at her raising an eyebrow. "You're siding with them?" I sneak my hand under the blanket and squeeze her leg. "You might regret that." She kicks her legs out at me and snorts adorably. I stand up and move around some cushions and find her pants and shirt. I pass them to her and help her get up decently, motioning down the hall. She scurries in the direction of the bathroom while I pull on my t-shirt.

"You missed a good show." London says, rifling through my cupboards for a glass. She has helped herself to my liquor cabinet.

I look around the kitchen for a clock. "It's only eight thirty." I say quirking an eyebrow.

"Exactly!" Todd exclaims, "That's what we would say tomorrow if we let you miss this concert!"

I'm supposed to go with them to see a great local band we all like. A band we have seen numerous times. Polar Rising always puts on a great show that keeps us jumping and dancing the whole time, and tonight they are to debut some new songs. I was slightly bummed to be missing the show tonight but honestly, all I wanted to do was be alone with Adelaide after our first date today. Was that only this morning??? This has been a really long day in the best way. I rough my hands through my hair and mess it up while I decide.

"Fine." I say. "I'll go if she goes."

"And so it begins." London says handing out drinks.

"Screw off." I say to her, taking a few gulps of my drink.

I set down my glass and make my way down the hall. I tap a few times on the bathroom door. Adelaide pulls it open, now fully clothed, still as gorgeous as before. I smile. Instead of speaking, like I had intended, I lace my hands around her back and pull her to me, meeting her lips with mine. She slides her hands up my arms, parting her lips for me. We pull away and I hold her hips, keeping her body resting against mine. "So. As much as I was enjoying myself, they are being dicks and probably won't leave. Would you be up for a concert?"

She laughs. "I can be."

"You sure?"

She nods. "Yeah, let's go!"