Chapter 19

Dawson

One day ; )

Fuck.

She is so sexy even when we're miles apart. I took a chance sending her such a risqué text, and it paid off. I can't wait to get back to the city. This is a new feeling. I usually don't really care. I like spending time with my friends, but there was nothing else for me there. Until now. It feels weird not to be talking over the phone with her tonight. We've been talking every night since I left. But it's leaving me free to do some silent fishing, where I might actually catch a damn fish.

I look around the lake I'm on. Adelaide likes this lake, based on the pictures I've sent her. Despite how long it takes for them to go through with the shitty service up here. It's calm tonight. And it's unseasonably warm. The sun is low, but I'm still comfortable in a T-shirt. I float around slowly in my canoe. I get a bite now and then but I reel up my line and there's nothing there. Not even my bait. That explains things. My bait's probably been missing for a while, since I haven't checked on my line lately. A fish jumps out of the water a few feet away from me while I hook a new minnow on. Cheeky bastard. I double it over the hook to keep it on tight and drop it in.

I turn back to my phone to text back. Just wait til I get my hands on you.

A: You mean you can do more than just carpentry with them?

D: My hands have MANY talents. When they touch you, they won't be able to keep themselves off of you.

A: Tell me more...

Is she real? My pants get instantly tighter as I think of all the things I could say to her.

D: They're really excited to explore under those tight leggings of yours and rip them off to see what's underneath...

A: I know the leggings of which you speak... I'm wearing them now... although there's nothing underneath...

Fuuuuccckkk. I put my phone and my fishing rod down to adjust myself in my pants. I pick up my phone and look at the pictures I took of us before I left. I love the look of her hair pulled out of her face. Her eyes look bright and the heart shape of her face is obvious. Her fair skin contrasting against her dark hair accentuates the splay of freckles across her nose and cheeks. I really can't wait to get back to Crowman and get my hands on her.

An hour later, I finally have a few fish to keep. I paddle myself to shore and load up my SUV. Back at the motel I fillet the fish and freeze the meat to fry up on the weekend with Mona and her kids. She always talks about how much they loved fresh fish when her husband was around. But ever since he left her, the only time they get fish is if I bring it over. She's lucky I'm this close to her house this week. Sometimes I'm so far I can't make it to her place on the weekends to help her around the house.

I like going to her place. The kids are fun and she gives me a much more comfortable bed than what I'm used to during the week. And she cooks. Not as good as my mom, but almost. She doesn't have any family in the area and she works her butt off to pay the bills, so it feels good to go there and help her with anything that would usually cost her an arm and a leg to hire a professional. Especially when she lives in the middle of nowhere and professionals would charge for mileage.

When I get to her house Friday evening, the kids are playing outside.

"Dawson!" Maggie yells when I open the car door. She and her younger brother Isaac drop their soccer ball and run to greet me. They hug my legs and cling on while I stumble to the house, laughing, carrying my bags high so I don't hit them in the heads with them. When I get in the house, they fall on their backs and roll on the floor laughing.