II

"No, I'm not mad, I was just concerned. I don't want you getting hurt on your first day." Bobby said happy when she smiled and wasn't upset anymore. "Now, how about we finish setting up these pancakes for the rest of the team?" A large grin broke out on her face and she stood up and raced to the kitchen island at a fast pace ready to start her day. Bobby just watched knowing she's gonna be a handful on this team but he just shook his head with a small grin and followed behind her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After the plate-counter fiasco, Cap and Evelyn finished making the pancakes and got out silverware and cups for everyone. After a few minutes, they heard four voices. Evelyn recognized one as Hen but the other three voices were male and she has not heard them yet. Turning around, Eve saw four people walk up the stairs and was immediately intimidated because they were all much bigger than her 5'2'' petite frame. The tallest one was at least 10 inches taller than her. "Evelyn, these are the boys, Buck, Eddie, and Chim.'' Pointing each male respectfully "Boys, this is Evelyn Clay, our new recruit." Bobby said with a smile standing behind her.

Evelyn gave a small smile, waving at the three boys while Hen went into the kitchen. The three males gave a wave back. "So Bobby, need any help finishing up with the food? " The one introduced as Buck said looking over Eve's shoulder at Bobby.

"Ya, you can take everything to the table." Bobby said, grabbing the plate stacked with pancakes while Hen and Evelyn grab the silverware and Buck, Eddie, and Chim get everyone's drinks. "Buck, I'll take a water"

"Hey, Evelyn what would you like to drink?" Chim asked, turning around to look at her from the fridge. His question had startled Evelyn who was talking to Hen about Hen's family.

Looking over at him, she replied in a small voice "Water please." smiling at him before going back to her conversation with Hen. Chimney nodded, smiling back at her, also going back to what he was doing.

When everyone was seated and eating they started to ask Evelyn questions. Buck started first, "So, Evelyn, where are you from? Favorite color? Favorite Movie? How long have you been in Los Angeles?" He just started firing off questions faster than she could answer.

"Wow Buck, Slow down, you're asking too many questions. Let her answer some." Bobby slowed Buck down looking over at Evelyn to hear her answers.

Evelyn looked up from her pancakes to see everyone looking at her. "U-um okay Austin, Texas, Yellow, Jurassic Park, and only about 3 months. I moved here back in September." She answered, blush on her face from all the attention.

Hearing that she was from Texas, Eddie perked up, "Oh that's weird, I'm from El Paso. I've been to Dallas a few times though."

"Really, I've been to El Paso a lot because that's where my grandparents live. I wonder if we ever ran into each other while I was there." She said with a large smile remembering the fun times she had in El Paso with her Grandparents away from her parents. "I spent most of my summers there." She was practically bouncing in her seat knowing that she had someone, who had a similar moving experience, to talk to. 

"Why'd you move? You seem to like Texas." Buck asked. Hen and Cap were just listening while eating food not knowing when there will be a call. They were also curious on why she moved to Los Angeles when she liked Texas it seemed.

She kind of stopped for a second, remembering why she moved and what happened a month prior. "I guess I just needed a change of scenery. Dallas was kind of the same no matter where you were in the city. It was getting suffocating." She said trying to be convincing and it seemed to work because they all nodded.

At this point lunch was finished, so everyone went back to doing what they were doing before lunch besides Evelyn. She was just standing there. It seems that Hen had taken pity on her. "Come on, I'll take you to the locker room so you can put your stuff down and change into your uniform." The older woman said, leading her down the stairs to the locker room. Once down there, Hen said that she had to go help chim clean the paramedic vehicle. Evelyn nodded looking around for the bathroom. She didn't want to, no couldn't change into her uniform in the open. She eventually found it, taking the things out of her bag and rushing over there. Once in the bathroom she removed her beanie, revealing a pair of black cat ears. She looked at them with hate. These things basically ruined her life and made it hard to do anything. Throwing her 118 shirt on over the grey tank she had on, she waited to put her beanie back on because it was uncomfortable. She removed her sweatpants and the first thing she did was look in the mirror seeing her black tail. She quickly threw on her black tactical pants, after wrapping her tail around her leg. She hated wrapping her tail because it was super uncomfortable just like it was when she squished her ears with the beanie.

After tying up her boots, tucking her shirt in, putting her belt on, and throwing her beanie on, she exited the bathroom. When the rest of the team heard the door open, they all thought the same thing. They all thought that they would protect her because to them she was already family.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Okay everyone, That is it for this chapter. I hope you all enjoyed it. Now I'm not gonna make any promises but I will try to get another chapter out this week. Which I should be able to because It's about to snow a lot so I'll have nothing else to do but this.

Author out