XV

I just want to thank everyone for the patience. I know I haven't been the best with updating this story. It just seems like every time things calm down and I get the chance to update this something normally happens shortly after that puts the next part on hold.  Someone suggested that I put episode numbers with the corresponding chapter. I do plan on doing that. This is just a filler, so it doesn't have an episode connected to it:). Also thank you everyone for your dog suggestions. 

Anyhow, I hope everyone enjoys the update!!!!<3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now it was Bucks' turn to choose his next words carefully, he didn't know what to say. The blond knew that her parents were a sensitive topic and this breakdown just proved that. "Okay so we have two options, we can talk about it or we can stay here and hug and watch tv. It is totally up to you. Uh but I'm here for you whatever you decide." He said, hoping that she didn't get angry at him.

"Can we just stay and cuddle?" She mumbled, head back in the crook of his neck.

"Of course." he responded and just held her tighter. He decided he would ask what was around her waist later. She was upset enough.

A WEEK LATER

It had been a week since Evas' breakdown after her parents' phone call. She had gotten a new phone the next day after her shift. She also called Judd and told him everything. He told her that if she needed him he would come to LA for a few days. Eva turned him down, saying he didn't need to do that and that they probably wouldn't come looking for her. She was saying this more for herself but she thought it made Judd feel a little better. He then told her that he would come up, in the drop of his cowboy hat to help her. She laughed at this statement despite knowing he wasn't kidding. Buck and her hadnt mentioned it at all. It seemed like he was walking on eggshells around her and she tried to assure him that everything was fine.

Today was the day of the Party at Bobby and Athena's place. They were having a barbeque type party. Evelyn had brought along some tea, Texas style, and some cupcakes she stressed baked the other day. No one needed to know that though. The both of them were at the apartment, finishing up getting ready. Once they were ready, the pair met at the front door. Evan was going to be driving because Evelyn didn't trust him to hold the cupcakes that she had made. He grabbed the tea container and Evelyn grabbed her cupcakes, phone and keys. Tucking her phone in her back pocket, she held open the door for Buck, sunhat laying low on her head. Locking the door behind her, they walked out to Bucks Jeep.

Timeskip to arriving at Athena and Bobby's house

Buck pulled into the driveway of the Sergeant's house. Evelyn gave him a small smile when Buck opened the truck door for her and helped her out, grabbing the cupcakes out of his hands. Opening the back door, he grabbed the other things they brought before closing the door. Walking up to the door, they were greeted by Bobby. Evelyn handed over her cupcakes to Bobby when he made a gesture to grab the container, "Hey guys come on in." Behind Bobby, they could hear everyone inside along with some dog barks. Hearing a dog instantly made Eva tense up. "Everyone is already here"

"I didn't know you and Athena had a dog?" Evelyn questioned, trying to seem as nonchalant as possible but on the inside she was freaking out. Dogs never liked her given her feline situation. She much preferred cats. Bobby never got the chance to answer because a large german shepherd rushed past him barking at Eva. She froze in fear and the dog jumped at her and knocked her over, standing over her barking. Evelyn lay on the ground holding onto her hat, hiding her face from the dog with tears rolling down her cheeks.

"CASH!" Bobby hopped into action, pulling the ninety pound dog from his 130lb firefighter. Once the dog was pulled from her, Eva shot back trying to get as much distance between her and the shepherd. "Evelyn, I'm so sorry. He's never acted like that to anyone before. Let me go put him away. I'll be right back." The fire captain apologized profusely. Buck quickly handed the PItcher of tea to the shocked Athena, reaching down to help Evelyn off the ground.

"Are you okay? I'm so sorry." Athena snapped out of her shock when handed the pitcher and immediately into making sure Evelyn was okay. The Texas born girl was visibly shaking and was examining her hands, which had scrapes from catching herself when she hit the ground. "You didn't hit your head at all?"

"No, I'm okay. Just scraped my hands is all." Evelyn answered, voice wavering. Buck started to lead her inside so she could sit down and he could grab her a glass of water. He sat her on the couch while Athena placed the pitcher in the Kitchen getting the frightened girl some water. Buck thanked Athena and asked her to go get Hen so she could check out Evas hands. Bobby reentered the room, taking a seat next to Evelyn to check on her. She assured him she was fine.

"I'm still sorry" Bobby expressed. "He's never acted like before. Cash normally loves everyone, especially females. He's a former police dog and had a female trainer."

"It's fine." Evelyn sighed, voice evening out. "Dogs have never really liked me. It's been that way since I was a kid. A dog bit me when I was nine." Showing the two men some faint scars on her hand. "Every dog I encounter has either tried to bite me or growl at me when they see me. I just try to stay away from them if I can." At this time, Athena and Hen had entered the room, Hen kneeling down in front of Evelyn, asking to see her hands. " I'm fine really, I'll just wash them and they'll be healed in a few days."

"No, give me your hands. We don't want them to get infected." Hen said, giving Eva a look and holding out her hand, the other hand holding a first aid kit. It took maybe 10 minutes for hen to clean and patch up Evelyn's hands. At this time, everyone from outside had trickled inside to see what happened. Bobby made everyone go back outside, simply telling them that evelyn had tripped and scraped her hands outside, leaving out the scary dog part. The only ones left inside were Hen, Buck, Athena and Evelyn. "Alright Girly, you're all good. How about we don't fall anymore and enjoy some good barbeque?" Hen said, getting up from her kneeled position, smirking at the younger female.

"Sounds good to me!" Evelyn let out a small laugh, looking over at her honorary brother. Smiling at him to reassure him that she was okay. The feline just wanted to forget the whole incident with the dog.

Everyone had a great time and complemented Evelyn on her cupcakes. Evelyn, Eddie and Christopher were the only ones who ended up drinking the tea Buck and Eva had made. Everyone kept saying that it was too sweet for them. The three Texans just laughed.

Looking around at this group of people that she hasn't known for very long, Evelyn could confidently say that this was her chosen family, including the two Texans who acted as her parents of course. Never has she felt so welcomed before.