IX

"Are you going over there after your shift?" Eddie asked, looking over Bucks shoulder at his phone.

"ya she wanted a movie night to hangout."

↞↠

"What's her apartment like?" Eddie asked. No one else has been in Evelyn's house besides evan. He was the one that took her home after she hurt her ankle and he was there this morning dropping off crutches for her to use.

"Almost exactly like her locker but with plants. Everything is either white or grey and she has plants everywhere. I'm kinda scared of going there because it's so clean and organized." Evan said, earning a chuckle from everyone in the truck. Arriving at the station signified the end of the shift. They got the truck clean and restocked for the next shift before changing and getting ready to leave.

"Hey guys, Athena wants to have a fun party like next week I think. She wanted me to let you know." Bobby called out to his team who were standing in a circle just talking. "I'll let you know with a specific date soon. Buck can you tell Evie since you're going over to her place?"

"Ya. Kids gonna be there?" Buck asked to which Bobby nodded. "Alright cool. She'll get to meet Christopher, Mae, and Harry."

Sweet, I bet Christopher will love her." Eddie said knowing his son.

"Alright, I'm gonna head out, don't want Evelyn waiting for too long. I think the food is gonna be at her place soon." Buck said walking backwards to his Jeep, giving a salute to his friend. Everyone said bye to Buck and told him to say Hi to Evelyn for them. He gave a head nod before turning around with a wave and climbing in his Jeep.

With Evelyn Clay

Evelyn heard her phone ring after she finished sorting out her hair which got knotty and was sticking in every direction. She figured since it was movie night, she would just stay in her Pjs. She suddenly remembered her phone, picking it up, she saw that her landlord was calling. "Hey Jim what's up?" The female answered the phone walking to her kitchen to get a glass of cold tea. Her fuzzy socks muffling the sounds of her feet as she heard the sentence coming from the phone that made her stop.

"I'm sorry to tell you this but you have two weeks to move out. The building got bought out by a bigger company and they are tearing it down in about three weeks."

"O-oh okay. Thank you for telling me." Her voice had gone wobbly and her mind was racing trying to figure out what she was gonna do. "I'll make sure I'm out."

"I'm really sorry Evelyn, i know you just moved here so i'll send you some links for other places as soon as i can." Jim, her landlord, said over the phone. He was a very nice guy and a great landlord. He was this old man that was respectful and always gave notice if he needed anything.

"Okay, Thank you Jim. I'll talk to you later." Eve said leaning against the counter trying to hold back her tears. She heard the phone click off and she started to slide down the cabinet until her butt hit the floor. Hiding her head in her knees, a few tears leaked out. It seems that no matter how hard she tries something always goes wrong. Was just one of the thoughts racing through her head. Glancing at her phone, seeing it read 5:00pm. Only around ten minutes until Buck and the food got here.

She managed to get herself cleaned up and looking presentable by the time there was a knock on the door. Not knowing if it was buck or the delivery guy, she looked through the peephole. Seeing that it was Buck, she opened the door and stepped to the side. "Hey, my bathroom is just down your hall. The first door on your left." Saying this, so he could change into more comfortable clothes. "If you'd, like you can change there." Evan smiled down at the shorter girl giving her a nod and heading to the bathroom. Evelyn decided to layout three movies that Evan could choose from. The three movies were Les Misérables, Jurassic park, and El Dorado. Heading into the kitchen, she poured two glasses of ice tea.

Taking a sip of one, she heard the door to her bathroom open and footsteps coming closer to her. Seeing Buck, she handed him the glass filled with tea. Buck took a sip of the tea and was shocked. It was super sweet. "Holy crap, woman that is pure sugar." He almost yelled, eyes gone wide.

"Well i don't know what you expected. I'm from Texas, we don't make weak sweet tea like you do." She said rolling her eyes at his reaction. "Here a poor half in my glass and dilute it with water. There's a pitcher of water in the fridge." Holding out her glass for him to grab. He did just as she said, taking another sip of his now diluted tea. Handing her glass back, he headed into the living room seeing three disks on the ground. Looking closer, he saw three movies: Les Misérables, Jurassic park, and El Dorado. He's already watched the other two but hasn't seen the first one. Reading the back, he decided that he would choose it.

Evelyn walked in with a bag of food and two forks. "Hey food is here." She said sitting on the couch and pulling out her sweet and sour chicken from the bag before giving it to Evan who had already put in the movie and started it.

"I picked Les Misérables. I hope you don't mind. I haven't seen it before."

"What!? Have you heard of it at least?" Evelyn said, this time it is her turn to look at him wide eyed.

"No"

"Well we have to watch. It's one of my favorite shows." Evelyn said, grabbing the remote. "It was originally a book before it was written into a play and movie. I have the book. I've read through it at least three times." She started the movie hearing the opening notes to the opening song, Prologue. Grabbing her food she stopped talking and paid attention to the movie, Buck following shortly after.

↞Timeskip↠

(they started the movie around 5:30pm btw)(it is now 8pm)

"That was really good. I wasn't sure if i would like it." Evan said when the end credits started. Standing up, he grabbed the empty containers that their food was in.

"Ya, like i said, one of my favorites. I really like watching the play version when it comes around. Nothing beats seeing it live." Evelyn said, also standing up, grabbing the two glasses. "Do you want another cup of tea?"

"Oh no, I'll just have water thanks." Evan said, knowing that if he had another glass of tea he'd never sleep tonight. "I'm probably gonna have to head out soon. I have a ten hour shift again tomorrow. I'm gonna have to wake up early so I can get my run in before I leave for my shift at 7."

"Okay, I'll see ya later Buck." She heard him close and locked the door behind him. She had given him a key, incase of emergency and she couldn't get to the door. It slowly came back to Evelyn that in two weeks she wouldn't be living in her current apartment and would need to find a new place. The 21 year old decided that finding a new apartment would be tomorrow's project and that she wanted to sleep, watching Les Misérables made her sleepy. She quickly texted Evan to tell him to let her know when he got back to his place. Eve got a thumbs up from the 2nd youngest before she hit the hay.

↞↠

I would like to say thank you for being patient with me while I fix my timeline issues. I hope you enjoy this chapter and have a good night or day.(Depending on where you are I think.) I'm sorry that the chapter is short. Ill try to make the next one longer. 

~Flix