VI

Locking the door behind him, she puts her back to the door pulling her beanie off, freeing her black ears that she keeps hidden. Thinking back on the day, she couldn't believe that Hen wasn't freaked out. Most people who see them hate her and call her names. Shrugging it off, Evelyn clay got ready for sleep, putting on her pjs, brushing her teeth and hair and taking some Advil for her ankle. She finally made it to bed, after all that hobbling around her apartment which took forever.

Little did she know, this day opened up memories of things she'd rather not remember.

↞↠

Evelyn shot up in bed, breathing heavy. Looking over at her clock, it read 3:22am. Blinking at her mockingly, she turned away attempting to get her breathing under control. Her dream, well more a nightmare really, was based in her childhood home of Dallas, Texas. Her parents were fighting again. "I DON'T WANT PEOPLE KNOWING OF THAT FREAK, SHE CAN'T LEAVE" "YA, WELL I DON'T WANT HER IN THE HOUSE. SHE'S A DISGRACE." "THEN SHE'LL STAY IN THE BASEMENT NO ONE WILL FIND HER THERE" A few seconds later, her parents barged through the door of her tiny room, grabbing her skinny arm and tugging her in the direction of the basement. The small girl tried to fight back but was stopped when her father delivered a smack to her cheek that had tears running down it.

The small girl was used to this fighting. Her parents hated her, they thought of her as a freak. The cat ears and tail supporting their claims. She was homeschooled because her parents didn't want her going to school so she did not have any friends and her skills in school were lacking because she had no help.

After that Evelyn had woken up, shaken up by her memories. She got out of bed careful of her ankle, she didn't have crutches yet, Buck was bringing his old pair later before his shift so she can get around easier. She limped to her bathroom washing her face and doing business before hopping to her kitchen to get a glass of water. Getting back into bed she managed to sleep until her alarm went off at 8am.

8am

Evelyn had gotten out of bed. It was an hour before buck and the teams shift started and she couldn't participate because of her ankle. She planned on going down there later so she can help them with cooking and stuff, so she's not just dead weight.

There was a knock at the girl's apartment door and the silverette limped her way slowly to the door, managing to get there without too much pain. She opened the door to see buck smiling at her holding a pair of crutches, leaning against the door frame. "Het, gimpy surprised you got the door. You took forever."

"Haha, thanks for your concern. Now come on in, you're gonna have to show me how to use these?." The short female said sarcastically at first, before moving to the side letting the taller male in and grabbing the crutches from him. "So how long have you got?"

"About 45 minutes which should be enough time. They aren't that hard, you just need to get used to them." Buck said taking them back and shortening the crutches so they would fit her height before giving them back "I put some wrap on the crutch pad so it doesn't hurt your armpits much and is more comfortable." He said before teaching her to use the crutches in under 30 minutes. At this point, he had 15 minutes to get to the station before his shift started. Lucky for him, Evelyn lived 10 minutes from the station and Bobby knew that he might be late because he was checking on Evelyn and teaching her to use the crutches. "I got to go, my shift starts in 15 minutes. One of us will come check on you later. If you need anything dont fear texting on of us." He said giving the female a hug receiving one back and grabbing his keys from the kitchen counter.

"Okay, I will see you later and I'll text you if something goes wrong and let me know how your shift is going. I want updates." Evelyn said looking up at buck, trying to use the crutches to maneuver around her apartment to walk Buck out of the house.

↞↠

After a few hours, Evelyn was starting to get antsy. She was a very active person, always running, working at the station, or messing around her apartment. With her ankle, Hen had demoted her to bed rest and limited movement of her ankle meaning sitting on her couch and bed doing nothing. Watching tv is not as fun as it once was and she desperately wanted to go for a run but restrained herself. She knew Hen would have her head.

She decided to get read and go to the station. Granted she couldn't work but getting out of the house would be a good way to clear her head. She grabbed her crutches and struggled to get off the couch which she had been sitting on for about 3 hours now. She limped to her bedroom to get dressed. She put on a yellow cropped hoodie with sunflowers starting at the cuffs and leading up to her elbows, adding a black beanie to cover the ears. She wrangled on some dark wash denims jeans that are cuffed on the bottom pairing them with a par of black doc martens. She had tucked her tail in her jeans before adding a belt to help support her pants as they were slightly large. She was hoping the boots would provide some kind of support for her ankle. The female deemed it unnecessary to out her contacts in so she kept her round framed glasses on.

Grabbing her keys, wallet, and phone she was ready to leave her building. Pulling her phone from her back pocket, she called an uber feeling Hen would kill her if she drove. After waiting a few moments, the uber pulled up. "Hi, can you take me to the 118 fire station." She asked the driver while struggling to get into the vehicle with her ankle and crutches.

(I kid you not I Put "Grabbing her keys, mask, and phone '' This story is pre-covid but my mind was like she's leaving her house. She needs her mask. This is a cry for help I repeat please end covid. I want this to be over)

"Ya, sure what's your business there?" The driver asked, looking back at her with a friendly smile. "Oh I work there. I'm on med leave though because I got hurt on my last call" Eve said returning the smile while the driver was making his way to the station. The pair sat in comfortable silence on the ride to the station. Upon arriving, the 21 year old paid the driver and exited the vehicle. Using her crutches she walked? Into the building, she noticed that the firetruck and ambulance weren't there meaning they were out on a call. Seeing that it was almost 12pm, so she decided to make them food.

Turning some music on using her phone, she got started on making lunch. The feline-like female gathered all the ingredients to make some balsamic chicken with seasoned potato wedges so she wouldn't have to move as much. She made the food in a timely manner not knowing when the team would be back. Around 30 minutes later, the food was finished but still in the oven so it stays warm. She grabbed plates and silverware, deciding that everyone can get their own drinks because she couldn't reach the glasses.

She sat down to rest for a little, after a few minutes she heard the sound of the engine backing into the building. She didn't standup wanting to stay sitting instead. "Now what is this I smell?" She heard from over by the stairs, turning around in her chair, she saw her Capt. "It smells really good" 

"Oh, I got bored of sitting in my apartment so I came down to visit and I made lunch. It's balsamic chicken with seasoned potato wedges. It's still in the oven so it stays warm and thanks Capt." The silverette said receiving a side hug from Bobby before the rest of the 118 appeared.

↞↠

Okay so super sorry that I took so long to get this chapter out. It's not my favorite chapter that I've written and I might even change it later. I'm just not super happy with it. But for now I hope you enjoy it.

Peace out 

The 118's Kitten(A 911 Story)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara