V

I

With Evelyn awake but not able to walk Buck had to carry. She managed to adjust her helmet to hide the cut on her head. Once the paramedic checked out her ankle and applied a wrap and stabilized it. She was on her way, still slightly unable to walk. Buck had come over to help her over to hen.

There was a fallen firefighter so Eve had stayed with hen to honor him as he was loaded into the ambulance. They were saluting and Evelyn was trying to stand as best she could without leaning on Hen who seemed distraught over the loss of this firefighter. After this, Hen led both of them over to the truck.

"I will check out your head when we get to the station." Hen said once buck had left, leaving the two women by the truck and Hen to help Eve into the truck. The two females sat next to each other, Hen keeping a hand on Eves wrist to monitor her pulse.

At the Station

Once they arrived at the station, Hen pulled the younger female into the bathroom and closed the door. "Do you wanna explain this?" Hen said pulling off Evelyn's helmet revealed her cat ears that she tried so desperately to hide while trying to grab her helmet back. Hen wasn't having any of it and gently pushed the female to sit down, while examining her head.

"I mean I can't really, I don't know why I have them," Evelyn said looking down. She was ashamed of her cat features, always thinking they made her weird. Her parents homeschooled her saying they didn't want anyone to know and calling her a freak. She didn't want to see the look on Hen's face because she was scared that Hen would act the same as her parents. "I was born with them, I think,"

"Okay well seeing as nobody else knows, are you gonna tell them?" Hen asked after a few seconds, and gently grabbed Evelyn chin to tilt her head up to look at the cut on her head to examine and clean it. It truly wasn't as bad as it looked. The dirt and blood made it look much worse. It didn't need any stitches or actual medical attention.

"I'd rather not, no one has ever acted kindly to finding out about them. You're actually the first person who hasn't called me a freak." Evelyn said, trying not to look directly at Hen who had just finished putting a butterfly bandage on her head. "Can you go and get my beanie and a new shirt, please?" looking down at her shirt, it was dirty and had some blood on it. Hen nodded giving the girl a smile.

Hen opened the door and walked out going to grab the requested items. While she was doing, Eve realized that when she fell she must have hurt her tail because she felt a dull throbbing pain in her tail. She had to look at it to make sure it wasn't broken. Taking off her belt and undoing the buttons on her work pants, she managed to get her tail free without hurting it more.

With Hen

"Hey, is she okay?" bobby said walking over to hen. The other members followed him, wanting to make sure the newest member of the 118 was okay.

"Ya, she's fine. Her head looked a lot worse than it actually was and she doesn't have a concussion which is good. But the paramedic said her ankle was sprained and she seems a little shaken." Hen answered, grabbing the requested shirt and beanie. Heading back into the bathroom, Hen walked in on Eve examining a tail that wasn't there before. "Well that's new."

"Hearing the older female's voice, caused Evelyn to look up, "Oh ya, I think I hurt it when I fell because it has a dull throbbing pain through the middle portion." Eve said "I was just gonna wrap it and take some pain meds" Going back to look at her tail

"Ya, that'd be best let me wrap it for you" Hen said, handing the clothing items to her, leaning down to grab the gauze and wrap from her EMT bag. Swiftly wrapping the tail, she felt the need to say something so she did, "You know, they are not gonna judge you for your secret. They all have secrets and they already care about you. They all followed me until I was back at the bathroom door."