XI

"I'll just keep my beanie on and not take it off" Eve answered, "it's gonna have to do until I find another apartment. I'm gonna go ask him" Evelyn hopped up off her seat in the ambulance and headed over to Buck. "Buck!!"

------------

From his place talking to Taylor, Buck turned around to see Evelyn, his little sister figure, walking towards him. A pep in her step stood beside him, greeting Taylor. "Good morning, Ms. Kelly! Mind if I borrow Buck for a moment?"

The reporter smiled at Evelyn, "Nope, you can have him, I have to speak to my cameraman for a minute." Waving at the younger woman as she pulls Buck away from everybody.

"So, I was talking to Hen and she said that you have an extra bedroom in your apartment, and I'm looking for a place to live. Can I crash at your apartment until I find another place to live?" Evelyn asked, looking down, afraid that Buck would say no.

"Ya sure, that'd be great!" Buck said, now excited for the end of their shift. "Can you imagine the movie nights we could have! When does your stuff need to be moved? Wait, why do you need a place to stay?"

"Oh um my landlord called me last week saying the building was gonna be torn down. I think I have a day off on thursday. If you give me a key, I can move some over than" Evelyn rambled on, "I don't have that much stuff. Just my clothes, some plants, and some other random things."

"Do you have a cat?" Buck asked, causing Evelyn to freeze. "I hear you and Hen talk about it sometimes."

"Oh um, I was gonna give my cat to Hen so her kids can have an animal." Evelyn managed to get out "it's not fair to my cat anyway, I'm gone ninety percent of the time. I'll see ya later. Let's go back to the others."

Entering the conversation, the two youngest members heard Taylor say, "which is why I'm here. You guys are so amazing." She was talking to Eddie, Chimney and Hen. "I wanna do a story on this firehouse and all the and all the heroes who work here."

"Ya, but you do traffic." Chimney said, putting down his towel.

"I'm not quite ready to go back in the sky," the traffic reporter said, which is understandable. Having to be saved from a helicopter could put you off your job for a bit, so I thought I'd try my hand at telling a story from the ground." She explained sheepishly, looking at the firefighters before her.

"And use your newfound fame to put your face in front of the camera." Hen said, stepping out of the ambulance, holding her clipboard.

"That too."

"Smart girl." Hen said

"I can't wait to interview you all," Taylor said, seeming excited, "I want to know why you chose this job, the crazy things you've seen, what it's like to face death." Everyone looked away and at the ground when they heard the last one. "I mean, Howie, you almost died, right?"

"Actually, nobody calls me that. It's Chimney." Said the man in question, kind of dodging the question.

" I bet there's a story there."

"Hmm."

"Not one you can tell one tv" Hen added in, getting a chuckle from the red head. At this moment, Cap rounded the corner walking over to them.

"Well, you must have impressed the chief," Bobby said, patting Evelyn on the shoulder, "he said to give you access to whatever you need."

"Don't worry, Captain Nash, your story is in good hands." Taylor said, grateful for this chance, "I'm gonna make you all famous." Evelyn wasn't too excited to be on camera, deciding that she would avoid the reporter. She didn't need her parents knowing where she was. Bobby didn't seem enthused about it either.