Chapter 8

~ Avery's POV ~

Miles' lips were on my neck, his fingers pumping inside of me as cries of pleasure fell from my lips. My hands were pinned above my head, legs wrapped around his waist, as I held onto him, my sanity holding on by a thread.

"Miles... we're in public..." My voice fell out in breathless gasps as his lips curled into a knowing smile against my collarbone, his fingers thrusting faster, thumb rubbing against my clit.

"Miles, I- fuck!" My orgasm took me by surprise, my walls clamping around his long fingers, my hips moving against him as I tightened my legs around his waist, riding it out.

"Fuck yes, Ava. Come undone for me, baby." His gravelly voice sent shivers through me as I fought for breath.

Withdrawing his fingers slowly and letting my wrists go, he pulled back, his eyes meeting my own.

"Are we going to talk about what happened out there?" I confronted him before he could speak, ready to fight for my independence, regardless of whatever we were.

He chuckled, raising his eyebrows. "You were just dancing, Ava. I want to be with you, but I don't own you. I don't exactly want to see you dancing with a bunch of strangers, no, but-"

"Kinda looked like you did." I cut him off. He pursed his lips, wanting an explanation. "Oh come on, Miles. I saw the intrigue in your eyes. You liked it."

"You were dancing with my partner. My best friend. That's hardly a slew of strangers. I trust him."

"You trust him? To what? Not fuck me on the dance floor? Or to keep his hands to himself? Because newsflash, his hands were all over me." Shock rushed through me as sheer lust raced across his face. "Jesus fucking Christ. Do you have some fantasy of watching me with Liam? You're fucking bored of me already?"

The pain of oncoming rejection stabbed at me, knocking the breath from my lungs. I pushed at his chest, willing him to put me down and let me go, but he didn't. Instead, his eyes darkened, his hands gripping my ass tighter as he pushed himself closer. I gasped, his cock pressing against my clit, waves of pleasure surging through me again.

"I'll never get bored of your sassy, independent, sexy self, trouble. Don't think that for a second. You're fucking incredible, do you hear me?"

His lips lowered to my neck, planting soft kisses on my skin. His stubbled beard brushed against my collarbone and made me laugh, tensing and tightening my legs around his waist. His cock jerked against the material of his slacks, teasing me though I tried to clear my head.

"Don't doubt for a single second that I don't want to spend my life with you. I'm just waiting until you're ready to let me in."

I flinched at his words, unsure what to say. In an effort to make him forget that conversation, i tunneled my hands tunneling into Miles' hair. Pulling him close, I smashed my lips onto his, moaning against his tongue as it met mine.

"Let's go back to my place." I offered, my breathing a harsh whisper over his mouth.

"Mine's closer." He countered quickly, his hands cupping my ass harder, frowning as I pushed against his chest to be set down. This time, he did.

"Not this again. Come on, Miles." I jerked my skirt back down where it belonged, fixing the lace cups that barely covered my breasts. "Don't ruin this."

"Ruin this? For fucks sake, Ava. We only ever go to your place. Why?"

I crossed my arms over my chest, standing a little taller. "That's not true. We almost fucked in my office on our first date."