Chapter 14

I whipped my head around Liam, my eyes on Miles as he strode into the room. Wearing nothing but his sweatpants, he leaned against the pantry, kicking one foot over the other.

Why does he look so calm? Why isn't he screaming at me? At Liam?

Liam clenched his jaw as he took a sideways step, his body blocking mine as Miles' eyes bored into us.

"Miles, it's not-"

Miles chuckled, surprising us both. "You've been gone too long, Hawk. I know why you did it."

Liam's eyes narrowed, but he visually relaxed at his friend's tone.

"Yeah, hi, can someone explain to me what the fuck is happening?" I demanded with an eye roll, but Miles simply smirked at me, no doubt for my sudden attitude. "Ugh!"

Irritated, I threw my hands up, stomping around Liam and out of the room. Before I could make my unnecessarily dramatic exit, Miles caught me by the waist, picking me up and swinging me back around. He held me close against him, pinning me to his body as Liam stared at us from across the room.

Heat flashed across his eyes so quickly that I nearly missed it as Miles' hands skimmed down my body, touching the leather jacket that covered me. Liam dropped his gaze, tapping his fingers against the countertops as Miles continued to touch me. I squirmed under his fingers, desire flooding me faster than I could keep up with, my ragged breathing giving me away as Miles' cock twitched and hardened against my back.

I shook my head, clearing my throat and standing my ground. "Liam, Miles, one of you explain!"

Liam shook his head, pinching the bridge of his nose.

"Tex knew your outfit, so I got rid of it. He knew your hair, so I held it to hide it." His eyes lifted to mine before dropping to my mouth. "He knew your face, your lips... so I covered them. What I didn't count on was him recognizing me instead."

Furious heat shot through my body like lightning as he stared at my lips, his fingertips drawing subconsciously on the marbled counter. Goosebumps raised on my skin, suddenly wishing his hands were on me and not the smooth marble.

Miles kissed my neck, an involuntary moan sounding from me as I tilted my head to the side. Liam's jaw tightened and he shifted on his feet, dropping his gaze to the floor slowly.

"I'll head out." Liam's voice snapped me out of my trance, Miles' lips lifting from me as he frowned slightly.

"There's a guest room here." He stated, but Liam shook his head.

"You can take my apartment." I whispered, confusion lining his features as he glanced between Miles and myself, wondering why I still had it when I was constantly staying with Miles.

He opened his mouth to speak, but snapped it shut a moment later, nodding once before leaving the kitchen. I exhaled a shaky breath as the front door closed, Miles stepping away to re-alarm the house.

"Wait, I didn't say where it is."

Miles laughed softly from the other room. "He'll figure it out, love. He has contacts."

Playing with the edge of the sleeves on the leather jacket, I pressed my thighs together again, a light moan in my throat as my core clenched in desperation.

I need a cold shower.

Miles' arms wrapped around me, shocking me back to reality as he lowered his mouth to my sensitized skin, nipping at my neck before raising his lips to my ear.

"Bedtime, trouble. Now."

Fuck yes.

____________________