Chapter 12

~ Avery's POV ~

"Twelve shots of Patron, please!" Jenna yelled to the bartender as we sat atop the cushioned barstools.

My eyes bulged from their sockets before my neck quickly pivoted to my friend. "Jesus, Jenna! We're here to have fun, not ruin our fucking lives!"

Bailey snorted, cackling loudly as she shook her head. "It's okay! They won't actually give us-" the bartender set all twelve glasses down, filling them with a smooth wink towards her. "-all of them at once. We're so fucked."

"Have a good night, ladies." He smirked towards us before turning back to serve the other customers.

"I'd like to have a good night with him, that's for damn sure." Bailey leaned up on the bar top, getting a better view of his ass as he walked away.

I laughed at her, wincing as Jenna distributed our shots. I cheered with them, instantly regretting the single sandwich I'd eaten that day as I threw each shot back.

Fuck me, tonight will be interesting.

____________________

My head was pounding, ears ringing as the three of us continued grinding in the middle of the dance floor. Jenna at my back and Bailey in front, I swayed to the bass of the music, arms above my head, desperately trying to forget my aching head.

"I hafta pee!" Jenna yelled and Bailey and I nodded, stumbling behind her through the packed crowd.

Thankful for the slight break, I leaned back against the restroom wall, my sensitive head grateful for the cold contact.

"Wha's goin' on, Bailey babe?" Jenna slurred from her stall, squealing as she nearly fell off the seat.

"Just my fucking boss being a sack of fucking shit. Nothing new."

"I'll fuckin' put my size seven foot square in her-"

"No, Jenna!" Bailey laughed again, stumbling to the sink and washing her hands. "What about you, Aves? You seemed all... like, blah earlier, you know?"

I shrugged it off, wincing at the light as I reopened my eyes. "Ow. Long day. Tha's all." I reclosed my eyes, the room spinning and making my tequila-filled stomach churn.

And a little fight with Miles. Oh god, he's sexy. I have to tell him. I don't want him mad at me.

The potent liquor running through me had my emotions running higher than I was used to, the slight pang of guilt hitting me like a truck. I grabbed my phone out of my clutch, opening my messages.

"Ssorry bout before. I live you. I'll come ocer son and we can tslk."

I brought the phone to my face, squinting to make sure I sounded sober so he wouldn't worry.

Nailed it. Send.

Message not delivered.

I rolled my eyes at the lack of service in the restroom. "Hey, I'm gonna to run out'n call Miles r'quick."

"Bailey an I're gonna go flirt with that bartender. See if we can get some free shots and maybe get 'er a nice night." Jenna yelled out as I left the bathroom, laughing at my friends as they giggled to one another.

Weaving in and out of the crowd, I felt eyes on me as I made my way towards the back door. A shiver raced down my spine, the hairs on my arms standing up. Moving my feet faster, I blinked rapidly to try to sober myself. At the feeling of someone behind me, my drunken mind screamed at me to stay in the large crowd and forget the back alley, knowing I had no chance of fighting back.