chapter four

*updated background! please read :)

Yesterday with Narcissa was great, you aren't used to spending this much time with her.. but you love it, of course..

You're lying in bed, tired but quite motivated since yesterday was just so.. good. You're still a bit full from yesterday, it ended quite well. You took a warm shower and slipped on your silk nightgown after you were done eating the bread you made with Narcissa.

However, Lucius still hadn't got back yet, you have been wondering about that ever since you got here... What could he be doing? What is so important that he'd just leave?

You're still half asleep but you hear voices coming from outside your door; you recognize them as Narcissa and Draco.. and Lucius? Never mind then.. you try to listen to what they are saying, not meaning to be nosy, but why would Lucius be gone for three days with no apparent explanation?

"We have to stay together.. I love you, Narcissa.. It didn't mean anything.. I'm just as loyal to you as I am to the Dark Lord." "No you're not, Lucius." she says, quickly realizing her apparent mistake, she was always supposed to agree with her husband- saying, "Never mind.. I'm going to go in here for a moment."

Where is here? You realize she means your room, so you quickly close your eyes again and pretend to be asleep. Narcissa opens the door as Lucius walks upstairs and Draco walks downstairs, you think that you can hear Draco crying- but you can't tell as that faint sound fades.

"Morning, darling," she says, smiling at you as your eyes flutter open once again. "Morning, Cissy," you say, and she sits on the bed, still looking at you. You're embarrassed.. you just woke up and you have no idea what you look like. She doesn't seem to care. She still looks into your eyes almost lovingly when she says, "How are you, darling?" with you confused.. she's obviously not well and she's asking you that. You see that she's holding something that looks like.. a vinyl?

You decide to attempt to console her, saying, "I'm good.. darling, what's going on?"

She seems relieved that you asked that. She has always been a selfless person and would rarely "bother you" by ranting to you about herself or her problems. A couple days ago she had done that, when you ate all the bread, but that was the only time she ever had.. Maybe it means she's getting comfortable with me..

"Oh, thank you for asking darling.. Well, Lucius cheated on me.. he said he's loyal but it makes no sense because he admitted to cheating on me. He wasn't even trying to hide it! Obviously if he is gone for three days with no explanation something is up.. Y/n, I don't even love him anymore.. I've admitted this to you." You nod, trying to think of how to respond.. you decide to say something a bit bold- what you're going to say, however, might seem perfectly normal to someone who didn't know of your.. predicament with her.

"How could he do that to someone like you, Cissy? That's.. idiotic." She smiles, blushing a bit. You're slightly embarrassed, it wasn't a big deal of you to say that but if anyone found out that you fancy her.. then these summers and these moments might be gone forever.. You have a record player in your room and you remember Narcissa has a vinyl with her. "I just need to take my mind off Lucius, I hope that's okay.." You nod.

You don't happen to see what the cover is, but once you hear it your eyes widen, you hope Narcissa doesn't see. You look at the vinyl. It's an album called chapter 1.. by.. girl in red..

IS SHE TRYING TO TELL ME SOMETHING? OH MY FUCKING GOD.. WHAT IS GOING ON!?

Oh my god. This is so fucking cheesy. I can't-

You listen to girl in red.. you know that the song that's playing is called "i wanna be your girlfriend.."
You haven't looked at Narcissa during this.. you listen to the lyrics, "i don't wanna be your friend, i wanna kiss your lips."