Holly Jolly (Part 1)

"We just tell our parents we have AV Club after school." Mike told Dustin and Lucas who were gathered around the Dungeons and Dragons. It was the next morning and the boys came back to Mike's house to make a new plan on how to save Will. "That'll give us at least a few hours for Operation Mirkwood."

"You seriously think that the weirdos know where Will is?" Lucas asked looking of at the two girls seated on the couch. El was distracting herself by messing with Mike's walkie while Nikki sat next to her watching with her head on El's shoulder. However, Lucas's question was enough for her to look his way, as a way of letting him know she heard. He glanced away at her eye contact and turned back to Mike.

"Just trust me on this, okay?" Mike stated confidently unaware of the quick nonverbal conversation between the pair.

"Okay." Lucas sighed.

"Did you get the supplies?"

"Yeah." Lucas said reaching down to his backpack. At this point Nikki's interest had been peaked. She walked over to the open spot between Dustin and Mike to see what they were talking about. He pulled out the items and explained what they were and where they came from. "Binoculars.. from Nam. Army knife.. also from Nam. Hammer, camouflage bandana.. and the wrist rocket."

"You're gonna take out the Demogorgon with a slingshot?" Dustin voiced his concern as Nikki looked at all the supplies in a mixture of wonder and timidness.

"First of all, it's a wrist rocket." Lucas said annoyed. "And second of all the Demogorgon's not real. It's made up. But if there is something out there, I'm gonna shoot it in the eye.." he pulled back the wrist rocket and let it go making both Dustin and Nikki jump back. "And blind it."

"Dustin, what did you get?" Mike sighed.

Dustin quickly got his backpack and dumped all of the contents on the table. Nikki looked over all of the food items and smiled slightly at how much he brought. "Well, alrighty. So, we've got Nutty Bars, Bazooka, Pez, Smarties, Pringles, Nilla Wafers, apple, banana and trail mix."

"Seriously?" Lucas said not impressed as Nikki smiled at his reaction.

"We need energy for our travels. For stamina." Dustin argued. "And besides, why do we even need weapons anyway? We have them." He pointed to the two girls. Both paying attention to the conversation.

"She shut one door!" Lucas rose his voice. "And we don't even know what the other one can do yet.

"With her mind!" Dustin emphasized. "And if she can do that imagine what else Nikki can do!" Dustin turned to Nikki with a questioning look. "What can you do?"

Nikki looked around the table and saw all the boys eyes on her. Feeling uncomfortable, she took a step back and tried to think of something to say but couldn't. She turned to El who was also watching her with concern.

"Can you do anything?" Mike asked softly not wanting to freak out the girl even more than she was. Nikki nodded in response but still didn't do anything other than shift her weight on her feet.

"What is it?" Lucas asked softer than she expected him to be.

She looked up at him and saw that he had sympathetic eyes. It was enough for her to raise up a shaky hand and flip it so the palm faced up. As she turned her hand over, a little blue ball of light appeared and grew into a tennis ball size before it stopped. Nikki looked at an empty can of soda across the room and quickly through the ball of light towards the can. The second the blue hit the tin the can exploded into many pieces.

The boys, who were all looking at where the can used to be, collectively turned back to the girl who's face had paled considerably and now had blood running down her nose. She wiped here nose with the back of her hand and sat down next to El with her eyelids drooping. She rested her head on El's shoulder once again and close her eyes.

"Is she okay?" Lucas asked looking between the two girls.

El nodded. "Tired."

"That wasn't what we saw last night." Mike shook in his in thought. He looked over at El. "What did happen to her?"

El had known Nikki ever since they were both young and growing up with each other, El knew Nikki better than herself. With all of those hours they'd spent locked in a room together El noticed something Nikki could do that she could barely understand herself. El pointed to her head. "Sense, bad."

"She can sense when something bad can happen?" Mike eyes widened getting a nod from El once again.

"Like Spider-Man." Lucas looked at Mike and Dustin.

"That's insane!" Dustin yelled happily. "Imagine all the other cool stuff they can do. Like, I bet that she could make this fly!" Dustin stated grabbing a Millennium Falcon and stood in front of El.

"Hey. Hey." He whispered grabbing her attention. "Okay, concentrate. Okay?" He let it go and it fell to the floor with a clatter. He picked it up again. "Okay, one more time. Okay. Use your powers, okay?" Once again he let it drop and it hit the floor.

El gave him an unamused look before putting away the walkie, careful due to Nikki now sleeping on her.

"Idiot." Lucas shook his head at his friend.

"She's not a dog!" Mike defended her.

"Boys!" Karen called from upstairs. "Time for school!"

Lucas and Dustin quickly gathered their things and went upstairs, leaving Mike with the girls.

"Just stay down here." Mike told El. "Don't make any noise and don't leave. If you get hungry eat Dustin's snacks, okay?"

"Michael!" Karen called again.

"Coming!" Mike yelled back before turning to face El again. "You know those power lines?"

"Power lines?" El asked with a confused look.

"Yeah. The ones behind my house?"

"Yes."

"You and Nikki meet us there, after school." Mike instructed.

"After school?"

"Yeah, 3:15." Realizing El and Nikki had no way to look at the time, he took off his watch and put it on El's wrist. "When the numbers read three-one-five meet us there."

"Three-one-five." El repeated to herself.

"Three-one-five." Mike reminded her. She smiled at him softly and watched as he gathered his stuff and ran up the stairs. El looked to her sister who was completely asleep on her shoulder and smiled again.

"Three-one-five."

Authors note
Thank you guys for reading!! I had a long stressful day so it was nice to have the down time I had to write this chapter. I hope you all have a good day or night, which ever time you're reading this!

Love ya!! ❤️❤️❤️