The Bathtub (Part 1)

Nikki and Dustin waited in the basement as Mike and El were talking in the bathroom. Dustin was trying to get Nikki to talk but Nikki already had a lot to think about. The pit in her stomach was the first on the list.

"You don't talk as much as El, do you?" Dustin asked halfway giving up with her. "At least she tries to help with the conversation."

Nikki rolled her eyes like she had seen Lucas do more times than she could count.

"Oh god." Dustin shook his head at her. "Lucas 2.0 over there."

The comment was enough to get Nikki to giggle lightly. The one sided conversation stopped abruptly when static washed over the room from a walkie talkie.

Nikki felt her stomach worsen when she heard Lucas's panicked voice.

Hello.... knows- ...help

Dustin stared at it before running to the bathroom where Mike and El were.

"Guys!" Dustin said scaring the two. Nikki walked over to the walkie and picked it up trying to listen to Lucas. "It's Lucas, I think he's in trouble."

The three of them joined Nikki around the table.

"Do you remember how he said he was looking for the gate?" Dustin asked grabbing the radio from Nikki.

"Yeah." Mike confirmed.

"What if he found it?"

Nikki and El looked at each other with panicked eyes. Mike grabbed the walkie from Dustin and tried to listen to his gibberish.

"What's he saying?" Mike questioned.

"I don't know, he way out of range." Dustin sighed.

"-son of a bitch." Nikki shook her head at Lucas.

Only Lucas. She thought.

"Lucas, if you can hear us, slow down." Mike tried to speak slowly and clearly. "We can't understand you."

***

"Yes, I copy!" Lucas yelled feeling his heart race with happiness and relief. "Do you? They know about the girls! Get out of there! They know about them! The bad men are coming! All of them! Do you hear me? The bad men are coming!"

***

Nikki's eyes widened understanding his words almost perfectly.

"Mad hen." Dustin thought out loud. "Does that mean anything to you? Like a code name or something?"

"Bad men." Nikki corrected quietly but loud enough for them to hear. "Bad men."

Mike looked between the girls who had the same worried expression. "Stay here." He told the girls before running up the stairs with Dustin behind him.

The girls waited for a few minutes just hoping everything would be okay. But Nikki thought it just might not end up the way they hoped it would.

The boys ran back down stairs quickly repeating "go!" Over and over again.

After they packed their stuff quickly, they quickly ran out of the basement and grabbed their bikes. They ran to the road and El got on the back of Mike's bike while Nikki got on Dustin's.

Nikki noticed something caught El's attention and looked to see what she was looking at. Nikki's blood went cold at the sight of Brenner with his men behind him. Brenner met with Nikki's eyes and smiled sickly.

"Go, go, go, go, go!" Dustin repeated quickly snapping Nikki out of her trance. The group peddled away quickly and the men ran back to their vans.

"Oh my god. Oh my god. Oh my god."

Dustin! Lucas's voice came through Dustin's head set. Nikki could barely hear what he was saying but he was saying something.

"Yeah, Lucas, they're on us." Dustin spoke into the headset.

Where are you? Lucas shouted.

"Cornwallis."

A little pause came before Dustin spoke again.

"Copy. Elm and Cherry!"

"Okay." Mike replied taking a turn for a short cut.

Nikki held on to Dustin tighter as she felt her stomach worsen.

Once they were on the road again, they saw a bunch of white vans headed straight for them.

"Shit!" Dustin yelled as the vans were gaining on them.

"This way, come on!" Mike turned onto another short cut which ran through a park.

"Out of the way!" Dustin yelled at two girls standing in their way.

They got out of the short cut and saw Lucas coming down the road to meet them. All of them stopped.

"Lucas!" Mike said relieved.

"Where are they?" Lucas asked out of breath.

"I don't know."

"I think we lost them." Dustin sighed.

Nikki shook her head. "No." She said quietly.

"What?" Lucas looked her with worry and confusion in his eyes. Just then a bunch of vans came flying down the street.

"Go, go, go, go, go!" Mike yelled at the others as the chase continued.

Mike and Dustin started yelling over each other as two vans rounded the corner and was headed straight toward them.

"Nikki!" El called over to her sister.

Nikki looked at El and knew immediately what she wanted her to do. Nikki pointed to the left van while El pointed to right.

Nikki quickly made a blue orb and threw it at the van's tire, making it burst and the van run into a tree.

Meanwhile, the other van flip over their heads and landed upside down in the other vans' way.

Silence came over the group as the boys looked at each other in awe of the girls. Nikki rested her on Dustin and used all her willpower not to close her eyes.

Lucas noticed the girl's tired state and looked at the other's.

"We should go somewhere close by." He said quietly. "But someplace safe too."

"I know." Mike said taking the lead.

The group left making a clean getaway, thinking they should be safe. At least for now.

Authors note
Soooo... I have a lot of chapters written. I'm currently writing the first chapter for the last episode. So I figured what's the harm in updating twice today! Enjoy this chapter and I will you tomorrow for another!

Love ya!!❤️❤️❤️