The Upside Down (Part 2)

The group quickly packed up their stuff and started running towards the exit. Lucas grabbed Nikki's hand to make sure she was close as he and Dustin took the lead.

"How did they find us?" Lucas asked running down a small flight of stairs.

"I don't know, but they knew we were in the gym." Mike explained quickly.

"Lando." Dustin added quickly as they came across an exit.

The doors opened revealing some agents running in.

"Got 'em." One of them yelled.

The kids quickly turned around, running in the other direction.

"Go, go, go, go!" Mike yelled at the other's. Nikki felt her stomach tighten but still ran faster.

"Come on!" Lucas said to Dustin.

They ran into another hallway but was quickly cut off by a group of agents.

"Back! Go back!" Mike tried pushing everyone back the other way.

They ran out the door and turned left. El and Nikki took the lead and stopped when the woman that killed Benny stood in front of them. Nikki looked behind them to see more people behind them.

With one quick glance at each other, both girls knew what they needed to do. El stayed facing the lady while Nikki looked at the people behind them.

"Nikki, what are you doing?" Lucas whisper shouted at her.

Nikki held out both of her hands towards the bad men with blue orbs in the palms of her hands. She saw the people in front of her get surrounded by a blue haze, freeze from the power. She felt her powers make her eyes shine a bright blue, the same blue in her hands.

She took a deep breath knowing she was about to used the powers she absolutely hated. But it would save her friends, and for them, she would do anything.

Even kill.

The orbs changed to a deadly red and she knew her eyes did the same. In an instant she clenched her fists, crushing the souls she had captivated in her hands. She released her fists and heard the people in front of her drop.

She wasn't to far behind.

***

Lucas had seen what she had done. He watched her fall to the floor with El following her.

"Nikki." He crouched down beside her and tried to wake her up. "Nikki."

"Something's wrong." Lucas heard Mike say. Lucas looked behind him and saw Mike the same way he was with Nikki.

"They're just drained." Dustin looked between the two girls.

"No, they won't wake up. El!"

"Nikki, come on!" Lucas shook her harder.

"She's barely breathing." Mike told the others. "Lucas?"

Lucas looked at Nikki who seemed to be breathing but not as much as she should. "Same here. We gotta go."

"Leave them." Brenner said rounding the corner. "Step away from the children."

The boys quickly stood up trying to protect the girls.

Mike was quick to answer. "No! You want them, you have to kill us first."

"That's right!" Dustin said walking up with Lucas the other side of Mike.

"Eat shit!" Lucas added getting angry.

They didn't see the three bad men coming up from behind them. When they did it was already too late. They grabbed them in a firm grip and didn't let them go no matter how much they kicked or screamed.

Brenner sat in between the two knock out girls and held them both in his arms.

"Eleven, Nine." He said trying to shake them awake. "Can you hear me?"

The boys continued struggling in the bad men's grip as El's eyes fluttered open.

"Papa?" She muttered weakly.

"Yes." Brenner smiled at Eleven. "Yes, it's your papa. I'm here now."

El looked at the boys who were still fighting and not seeming to back down anytime soon.

"Let her go!" Mike yelled. "Let her go, you bastard!"

El looked at Nikki who's eyes remained closed. She started to fight off Brenner with the little energy she had. She had to help her friends, her sister.

"Shh," Brenner tried to get her to stop fighting. "You're sick. So is Nine. But I'm going to make you better. We'll get you two home, where I can make you well again. Where we can make all of this better, so no one else gets hurt."

Nikki's eyes opened and she immediately felt a horrible pain shooting up her spine. She whimpered from the pain catching everyone's attention.

"Nikki!" She heard Lucas call her name.

"Nine." Brenner smiled. "It's okay, it's going to be okay."

His words did not help her at all. The pain was still there and was slowly growing worse.

"Bad. Bad." El said clearly. She held out her arm towards Mike and had her other hand grab Nikki's. "Mike. Mike."

Mike fought more along with Lucas and Dustin until the lights started flickering above them.

"Blood." Mike looked at the floor of dead bodies.

"What?" Lucas asked looking scared.

"Blood." Mike said seeing that only half of the bodies had blood around them. He knew that was still more than enough to attract....

"Demogorgon." Dustin eyes widened as the monster started breaking through the brick wall.

It's flower like face opened up to let everyone see the rows and rows of sharp teeth. The bad men dropped the kids and started shooting at it.

Dustin quickly pick up El as Mike and Lucas stood Nikki up and wrapped both of her arms around them.

"Go, go, go, go!" Mike yelled as they ran into the nearest classroom.

As Nikki ran with the boys she felt the pains get worse. Then she asked herself a big question.

How could things possibly get worse than that?

Authors note
I can't wait to start writing the next chapter!

Love ya!! ❤️❤️❤️