The Flea and the Acrobat (Part 3)

The group continued walking through the woods until they came to a clearing in a junk yard. Nikki, now walking next to El, looked around at all of cars and random pieces of trash scattered throughout the place. Her stomach felt worst and it didn't seem to be letting up anytime soon. She just hoped they wouldn't have to walk much longer.

"Oh, no." Dustin said looking around at the junk yard. Everyone came to a stop trying to figure what was going on.

"Oh, no?" Lucas repeated. "What's, oh, no?"

"We're headed back home." Dustin turned to him.

"What?" Mike eyes went wide with disbelief.

"Are you sure?" Lucas asked starting to get irritated.

"Yeah, I'm sure." Dustin confirmed. "Setting sun right there. We looped right back around."

"And you're just realizing this now?"

"Why is this all on me?" Dustin asked getting defensive.

"Because you're the compass genius!"

"What do yours say?" Dustin pointed to their compasses.

"North." Both boys said in unison.

"Make no damn sense." Dustin sighed looking around for anything.

"Maybe the gate moved." Mike stated hopefully.

"No, I don't think it's the gate." Dustin started walking around. "I think it's something else screwing with the compasses."

Nikki thought about it. What else could it be?

She watched as Lucas froze in place for a second before turning to the girls and glaring at them.

"Maybe it's something here." Mike guessed.

Nikki felt her body start to shake and heard a pounding start it her ears.

"No, it has to be like a super magnet." Dustin shook his head.

"It's not a magnet." Lucas said pointing towards the girls.

Nikki scrunched up her eyebrows in confusion.

"They have been acting weirder than normal." Lucas said accusingly. "And if El can slam doors with her mind, she can definitely screw up a compass."

As Nikki felt her breath become shorter, she looked to El to see if it was true. She didn't even get a look back.

"Why would she do that?" Mike shrugged.

"Because she's trying to sabotage our mission. Because she's a traitor!"

Lucas walked up to the girls and Nikki saw how angry he was at them. Nikki looked back at El waiting for her to deny his accusations but nothing came. She just stood there, waiting for the worst.

"Lucas, what are you doing?" Mike called as Lucas stopped in front of the girls.

"You did it, didn't you?" Lucas asked El before turning to Nikki, who's face was now getting paler. "And you knew about it, right?"

Nikki shook her head truthfully but she knew whatever she would say, he wouldn't believe her.

She saw a flash of hurt from his eyes before he turned back to El. "You don't want us to reach the gate. You don't want us to find Will."

"Lucas, come on, seriously," Mike said now right behind Lucas, "just leave them alone."

Lucas glared at El. "Admit it."

"No." El whispered before Lucas yelled at her again, making both of the girls jump.

"Admit it!" He grabbed El's arm roughly and holding it up to let everyone see the fresh blood on her jacket. He threw her arm back down. "Fresh blood. I knew it."

"Lucas, come on!" Mike yelled getting angry too.

"I saw her wiping her nose on the tracks! She was using her powers!"

"Bull! That's old blood. Right, El?" Mike said turning towards her, hoping she would say what he was thinking. After getting no response he asked again. "Right, El?"

"It's...not...it's not safe." El quietly cried. She turned to her sister, who was breathing heavily, the look of shock and hurt on her face made El's heart break a little more.

"What did I tell you?" Lucas yelled at Mike this time. "She's been playing us from the beginning. I bet she has Nikki on it too! She's been pulling her along in everything! They've both been playing us!"

"That's not true." Mike fought back. "They helped us find Will!"

"Find Will?" Lucas repeated. "Find Will? Where is he, then? Huh? I don't see him."

"Yeah, you know what I mean."

"No, I actually don't. Just think about it, Mike. They could've just told us where the upside down was right away, but they didn't."

Nikki grabbed El's hand to help comfort. She was upset with her sister, but seeing her their upset and looking alone...she didn't want her sister to be alone. Plus, with her heart racing fast enough for Nikki to break a sweat, she needed a little comfort too.

"They just made us run around like headless chickens."

"All right, calm down!" Dustin said trying to break them apart.

Lucas quickly pushed him off. "No! They used us, all of us! They helped just enough so they get what they want. Food and a bed. They're like stray dogs."

"Screw you, Lucas!" Mike yelled at him.

"No! Screw you Mike. You're blind, blind because you like that a girl's not grossed out by you. But wake up, man! Wake the hell up! They know where Will is, and now their just letting him die in the Upside Down."

"Shut up!"

Nikki felt the pit in her stomach get deeper. She took in deeper breathes to try to catch up with her racing heart.

"For all we know, it's their fault." The fighting continued but started to get muffled by a high pitched noise in her ears.

"Shut up."

Nikki covered her hands over her ears, trying to get the noise out and blocking out the fight at the same time. She closed her eyes trying to understand what was happening to her.

The next thing she noticed was that new voices were added in the fight. Still with ringing in her ears she opened her eyes and saw Mike and Lucas fighting on the ground with El and Dustin yelling at them to stop.

"Stop it!" El yelled at the boys while all Nikki could do was stand their and watch.

Then a high pitched scream came from El, sending Lucas flying from Mike and towards a large piece of scrap metal.

The boys quickly ran over to him while Nikki's senses went back to normal. She looked at El and then Lucas who was past out front the impact. Nikki felt her heart drop at the sight of him. Yes, he was just yelling at her and her sister but she still didn't like to see people get hurt.

"Why would you do that?" Mike yelled at El. "What's wrong with you? What is wrong with you?"

Nikki grabbed El hand, snapping out of a trance. Before she knew it she just getting pulled away from the scene by her and the only things they heard before disappearing in the woods again was Mike and Dustin shouting their names.

Author note
That one took longer than I thought but I still really liked right this chapter and I can't wait for the next one.

Also, I'm on spring break this week so hopefully I will be able to update more.

Love ya!!❤️❤️❤️