CHAPTER 6

"Hi, Rachel."

Hearing him again after so long gave me a sense of relief I didn't know I needed, I really missed his voice.

"Hi" I breathed.

Jesse sighed "It's good to see you again."

I stood there, unsure of what to answer.

"Jesse... What are you doing here?" I managed to ask him.

He opened his mouth to reply but the teacher stepped in and cut our conversation short with an announcement.

"Alright class, we have done introductions by now, but we have not started the real class yet. Before we get into what Musical Theatre is about I want to see all of your skills to see where you are in singing. All of you will have to sing a solo and a duet with someone due next week. You will pair up with the person standing at your right and the song genre is your choice."

Ironically, Jesse was standing at my right.

No no no. With the amount of musical chemistry I have with him, doing a duet will just be a reminder of all of those times where we randomly started to sing like we were in some sort of musical and had the best time of our lives, and then I might fall in a sad loop again, which I promised myself I wouldn't do.

But still, some part of me is excited that we're going to sing together again.

The class was over, and as I was leaving I felt someone take ahold of my hand. I turned around and Jesse was staring at me with a sad look upon his face.

"Can we go somewhere ... to talk?"

I needed to talk to him as much as I tried to deny it.

"Y-yeah sure." I said.

I quickly texted Kurt and Santana to let them know I was walking with Jesse instead of them. Santana just sent me a thumbs-up emoji which I don't know if meant that she was actually happy that I'm talking to him or she simply does not care. Kurt just replied Hope everything turns out okay.

"Do you uh- want to head to the coffee shop?" I asked and he raised his eyebrows at me.

"It's close to my apartment so we can just walk there." He nervously chuckled.

"Yeah, okay."

We walked awkwardly in silence for a while, waiting to see who would talk first. After a while, Jesse spoke up "So uh how have you been? have you liked NYADA so far?"

I stared up at him. "I- I'm good. And yeah, NYADA is great, I love it here."

He smiled "I always loved how ambitious you were about New York. You always talked about chasing your dream and living here... I'm glad you're on your way to make it happen."

He smiled at me again. Honestly, how do I reply to that? Do I say oh We would be living together and making that "dream" happen if you hadn't broken up with me or Oh yeah thank you, it's nice that you remember that but still apparently forgot about me?

So I just smiled back.

We sat down at a small table at the corner of the Coffee Shop. We both ordered a mocha and a muffin. I looked at him for a few minutes until I built up the courage to really bring up the conversation we needed to have.

"Jesse, what are you really doing here?"

A/N
Sorry for this chapter being so short school is killing me!! anyways imma go rewatch the haunting of bly manor and try and write some new chapters :))