New Beginnings & New Feelings

~Last Chapter~

"Kageyama, I have a weird request."

"What is it?"

"Could you lay with me until I fall asleep?" There's a moment of silence, maybe I should have asked that. "It's just my mother will sometimes lay with me after a nightmare like these, it makes it easier to fall back asleep."

As Kageyama continued singing and rubbing my head, the shakes and tears slowly came to a halt. I felt so safe and I drifted off to sleep in his arms.

~Current Chapter~

.

.

.

I woke up in the morning all cuddled with Kageyama.... AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
What the fuuushfhshnfiasdudsh

I think this is what they call internally freaking out, he looks so peaceful.

"Geesh you're going to burn a hole in my face with how hard you're staring"

"Huh?! You're awake?"

"Take a picture, it'll last longer ya know."

"I have no idea what you're talking about." Kageyama opens his eyes and looks straight at me as my face heats up.

"You're the one that said I look so peaceful..."

"How did you-"

"You said your thoughts out loud again dumbass."

"No comment..."

"Are you feeling better though?"

"Yeah, I mean I was able to go back to sleep with no trouble so I think so."

"Do you usually have trouble sleeping Hinata?"

"I've been having these nightmares of unpleasant memories and they've been getting worse and worse every night."

"Nightmares about what?"

"So my father was never the perfect father of the year...he...he" I try talking about it, but the words form a lump in my throat and I start breathing rapidly as I am flashed with the gruesome memories and the pain. It came at me like a rush and before I knew it tears were streaming down my face.

"It's okay Hinata, you don't have to force yourself if you're not ready to talk." Kageyama says while pulling me in and comforting me. I didn't think my morning would start out with me crying.

"Shoyo, Kageyama, come down for breakfast!" Mom called out from downstairs

It's been awhile since we've actually had company and I think my mom enojoyed it. Kageyama got along splendidly with my family, way better than I expected. He seemed to have done a complete 180 from our first encounter.

After breakfast I help Kageyama pack his stuff so he can go home

"Be sure to come back and visit whenever you like, Kageyama dear!" My mom shouts while cleaning up the kitchen.

"Of course! Bye Natsu!"

"Do you really have to go?" She says, starting to tear up running to give Kageyama a hug.

"As much as I'd like to stay, I have a doctors appointment I have to get to."

"Are you okay?" Natsu looks up worried

"Yes, I just have to get checked out to make sure that everything is right where it needs to be. Don't worry, I'll be back over soon!"

"Promise?"