Chapter Two

The two found Sam, had a little conversation, and said their goodbyes to the staff and residents before heading home.

"Take-out already decided and cookin'?" Y/N asked as she plopped next to Bucky on the couch, now in her favorite sweats and a cropped sweatshirt.

"Yes, ma'am," Bucky answered, sprawled out, also in his comfort clothes of sweats and an old band t-shirt, one Y/N was bound to steal at some point.

"Which place did you settle on?"

"It's a surprise," he said, wiggling his eyebrows at her before returning to the TV and scrolling to the movie she had pre-picked out. "Are you sure you're set on this one?"

"After the hell you put me through this morning, I think it's the bare minimum torture you can endure for payback," she laughed lowly, grabbing a pillow and positioning it on her lap before quickly throwing it at him as she jumped up. "Oh! Don't hit play yet! I have one more thing," she ran to the bathroom, confusing Bucky.

"What are you-" Before he could finish the thought, she came running back in with a jar of green goop. "What's that?"

"Something your skin will thank me for later," she smirked, shaking the bottle.

"Nuh-uh. Not today. Not tomorrow. Not ever," he shook his head rapidly.

"Well, that's rude of you. And it doesn't matter what you want; you owe me."

"I'm buying you take-out, letting you pick the movie, and getting you all the snacks and drinks you can ask for. I think I've met my requirements for 'owing you,'" he crossed his arms in a challenging manner.

"I impersonated Steve and saved you from having to interact with a woman who would have likely poked holes in your condom if you hooked up again."

"There wouldn't have been a second hookup after her insanity became clear." Y/N tilted her head with a look. "There wouldn't have been..."

"Skipping the what-ifs, I'll cut you a deal then," Y/N sighed, moving toward the couch and balancing a knee on the armrest. "You do this tonight, and I'll lower my bargained 50 movie choices for the next movie nights down to five. That's a 90% discount."

He hesitated, looking at the jar full of green clay. If he was being 100% honest, he had always wanted to try one of her facemasks, but he wasn't planning on that becoming public knowledge.

"Three nights," he bartered, playing her game.

"You're seriously bartering a 90% discount? Don't get stingy..." She held strong.

He let out a grunt and fell more into the couch dramatically. "Fine..."

"Hook, line, and sinker!" she shouted, grabbing his hand and dragging him toward the bathroom.

She stepped him through how she cleaned her face properly and had him do it alongside her. It wasn't new to Bucky. He had seen her do it many times before and had watched her as she kept strong with the regimen. This time around, he was instructed on what each step did and how it helped elevate a 'person's glow,' as Y/N put it.

Much different than his own face washing, done with soap and a hint of moisturizer at the end, Y/N had a more efficient way of doing things. She was a pro in all the zen, self-care, and body health things. But for some reason, seeing her completely vulnerable with no makeup, sudsy face, and hair pulled back in a ponytail with a towel-textured headband on, was bringing back those warm, fluttery feelings.

He had seen her like this a million times. Why was it different now?

She started applying the homemade aloe kelp mask that she had concocted late one night after one of her Pinterest binges. He couldn't help but stare at the graceful way she did things. Her hands smoothly caressed her skin as she applied the silky mask and did it so practiced that not a single speck of it got in her hair, eyebrows, or any spot she hadn't planned for it too. It all took a turn when he tried putting it on himself, so she stepped in to help.