Chapter Six

What was this weight on his chest? Why was his head throbbing? Did this much light always come into his room in the morning, or did he forget to shut the curtains again?

Wait...

Bucky slowly blinked his eyes open, letting out a groan at the blinding light, making the throbbing in his head escalate. Trying to move away from the rays, he was stopped when the weight on his chest let out a groan of its own.

He froze, looking down slowly to see a peaceful, sleeping Y/N koala-beared to his body. Her head nuzzled almost completely under his chin, and her arm was thrown over his chest as if to keep him from escaping.

Wait a damn minute. How did he get in here last night? Wait! How did he even get home last night?

He squeezed his eyes shut and rubbed his temple with the arm that wasn't pinned from holding Y/N into his side. I guess it wasn't just her holding him there. He was unconsciously molding her into him.

The club. Seeing her in her little outfit that did things to him. That stupid blonde, who he later was informed was the owner, had given his number to Y/N. Then getting angry and downing shots. Then lots of bourbon. Then it's a blur.

He looked down, trying to assess the situation. What exactly happened here? They were both fully clothed, a small throw blanket was the only thing on top of them, and the screen on her wall was projecting on Netflix, asking if they were still watching.

Movie night. He vaguely remembered waking up to get a snack, and it led to a movie night in her room... He looked down, watching her take a deep breath in a deep sleep.

Damn. He wished he remembered the details because he wanted to put this moment in the back of his head, so anytime he wanted to relive it, he could. But right now, he had to get his head to stop hurting.

Ever so gently and carefully, he maneuvered Y/N's arm to her side, was able to move her without waking her, and replaced himself with her body pillow. She let out a little grunt in protest, and Bucky saw the slightest sign of a pout on her lips. God, could she get any cuter?

He watched her until he was out of the room, closing the door slowly to make sure she didn't wake up before he tiptoed to the kitchen.

"Morning, Punk," Steve said in a gravelly voice, shuffling in not long after him with a yawn.

"Morning," Bucky groaned, taking his cup of coffee and sliding it to Steve before making another one for himself.

"Didn't think you would beat me to the coffee this morning. How ya feeling?" Steve asked, taking the hot drink and sipping it as he leaned on the island across from him.

"Like someone took a bat to my head and tried to score a home run repeatedly," Bucky groaned, folding over the counter and holding his head over the sink in case his stomach decided to empty itself... Again. "And, like I'll start throwing my organs up next since I don't think there's anything left in my stomach to heave."

His bathroom break after leaving Y/N's room had already claimed three rounds of puking everything left in his stomach from the night before into the ceramic bowl.

"Happens when you drink as much as you did last night. I'm surprised you're even standing right now," Steve chuckled, taking another sip and looking at his friend over the mug's rim.

"What happened last night? And why did I wake up in Y/N's bed this morning?" Bucky asked casually, grabbing his mug and turning to Steve.

Steve stopped, almost choking on the drink before coughing and looking at Bucky wide-eyed.