Chapter Twenty-Five

"UGH!"

"Well, good evening to you too. What a beautiful welcoming home," Bucky chuckled as he walked in the door, putting his items to the side, and walking to the couch where Y/N was leaning on one side and typing on her laptop propped on the arm rest. The news played quietly in the background and the cat was curled up on her feet.

"All these houses are so extra and trying too hard to be modern."

"Still house hunting?" he smiled as he leaned over the back of the couch, placing a kiss on her head before walking around and sitting in the spot next to her with a huff.

"I feel like I've looked at every house in Upstate New York with land, and you would think one still had the foundation and feeling of the older houses they're supposed to, but no..." she grunted looking at the laptop as she angrily scrolled through another list.

"I mean we got time, don't we? We aren't rushing to move out too soon, are we?" he asked, leaning his head back and closing his eyes as he gently put his hand on her thigh and gave it a subtly squeeze. Just needing the simple touch after a long day.

"You're right, I just want to find a good one though. It's hard..." She took his hand and ran her thumb over it before taking it back to the computer.

The little white cat, that they decided on calling Alpine, sat up moving to Bucky's lap and curling into a ball before beginning to purr. Bucky only slouching more in the couch getting comfortable with him.

"You know for someone who's just kinda been co-living with him, and not doing much other than feeding and patting him on the head here and there, he sure does like you a lot more than me," Y/N said looking at the two peas in a pod. "I'm the one who cuddles and loves him, and I saved him from the streets! He's more attached to you though..."

"He knows who the Alpha of the house is," Bucky chuckled, eyes still closed. When he didn't hear a response, and turned to see her face, he took in a big gulp. "I-I'm kidding Y/N/N. There's no alpha."

"Yeah, that's right. Play is safe there mister," she said with a pointed eyebrow and a small smirk. Turning back to her computer, she sat on it for a few more minutes scrolling. Bucky was close to falling asleep right there until she jumped some. "Oh, B! I think I found something!"

"Hmmm?" He turned his head, but kept his eyes closed.

"How do you feel about a little bit of a fixer upper?"

"A fixer upper?" Bucky slowly opened his eyes to see an old country like home, that had a few things done up, but still needed some work. Mainly landscaping, but the inside had potential. Some paint jobs, a few hardware replacements, but something they could easily make their own. "Where is it?" he asked, scooting closer.

"Less than 45 minutes from the city. About 30 from the senior home. 20 minutes from your work and 25 minutes from mine," she said mapping it out in her head.

Bucky looked at the rest of the details. Price, rooms, bathrooms, foundation updates, land size.

"It's only selling for that much?" Bucky asked, pointing at the price.

"I guess the owners know it's going to cost some to update it more. It's been on the market for only a week, so I wouldn't be surprised if someone jumps on it and does a whole remodel. They'll ruin all the foundations of it though with their stupid modern updates. Why can't people just make it homey and fit for the family? They're all starting to look like cookie cutter homes. Where's the fun in that?" She crossed her arms.

"You're adorable," Bucky chuckled at her wholesome pout before leaning to kiss her cheek and taking the computer. "We should schedule a showing then if you really like it. If you think it'll get taken up soon too, then we should really schedule it."