Chapter Twenty-Nine

Three months had past, and it was some of the most blissful three months of the couples lives. They had weekly dinners with friends, Wanda and Vis hosting sometimes. Maria and Nat, since they were roommates, hosted too. But a majority of the time Y/N and Bucky.

They had finally finished renovating the house. All the decorations, accents, and small details perfectly placed. Bucky had an office on the second floor, and Y/N had her art studio out in the sunroom that Bucky had rebuilt and refurbished for her as soon as they signed the papers for the house.

The home was everything they could have wanted. They even set up a lunch with May, Ben, and Peter to stop by and see the final product of it all. Y/N and May went off into the garden she had started and talked about life, while the boys went to Bucky's shop that was still in the works of being built. Only about 2 more weeks and he would have a full shop for him to work on his cars and bikes that he had put up in storage for far too long.

"My dear, this is just a beautiful set up you have. Everything you've done is just precious," May said looking out into the field that Y/N planned on growing even more flowers in. Wildflower lawns were actually great for the environment.

"Why, thank you May," Y/N blushed. "That means so much to me coming from you. I really wanted you to be happy with how things turned out."

"Oh, it has nothing to do with your design or how you styled it. Though, those are still breathtaking and quite impressive. You should be an interior designer," the older lady winked at Y/N getting a chuckle out of her. "What I mean is, even though you made this place a home for you and James, it's also a home for anyone who steps foot into it as well."

Y/N stopped walking as soon as May did. The two stopped in a path that was surrounded by a plethora of growing flowers. The sun setting off in the west in a clear view from the field they were in.

"That's all I wanted. Someone who wouldn't make a house for just themselves, but make it a place where all feel welcomed and taken care of." The elderly woman was looking off in the distance at the ray of warm colors radiating from the sun's light. Y/N admiring her words while following her gaze. Breathing in the air to remember this moment. How sweet and beautifully simple it was. "You know? That tree back there is where I would take Peter when he would get anxious. It's a Banyan tree."

About 50 yards away was that giant tree. Larger than any of the other ones around it, but still smaller than the forest line ones that started into the wilderness outside of their land.

"Banyan?" Y/N questioned, seeing if she was saying it right.

"Hmm mmm," she hummed with a content smile, starting to walk to it. "Peter was a jittery little one. Couldn't seem to keep still. Still is," she chuckled. "But losing his parents and all, he was anxious a good chunk of the time. I would bring him out here for a walk, and we would always end up back at that tree. It was perfect for him to climb, and it was perfect for me to get shade and relax. He would get all his energy out running around, climbing, playing pretend, and I would sit reading a book, or playing along with him where I could," she giggled thinking of the past memory.

"That's so sweet," Y/N gushed, watching her think back to the younger days.

"Well, you see, that tree right there was the first one here when we moved in."

"Wait, that one?" Y/N asked nodding at the one they had been talking about.

"Yes. Benjamin and I moved in a long time ago as you can see," she said motioning to herself with a joking grin. "They had planted more about a year before, but those hadn't made much of a growth compared to this one." The two were now standing underneath the tree. Y/N looking up in the puzzles of leaves as she took a closer look at it. "We of course had some planted that were further along in age, hence why you have all this shade and greenery now, but..." She paused taking in a deep breath as she placed a hand on the tree. "This old gal was the one that started our beginning."