Chapter Fourteen

Dinner was served, a long and friendly conversation was had, and a movie was picked out after much debate. The three amigos were curled up on the couch together watching Forrest Gump for what was probably the 100th time together.

The two men were flanking Y/N from both sides of the couch while she was in a ball in the center. Of course by instinct, she was curled more towards Bucky who was lounged back, arm thrown over the back of Y/N's section, and legs propped on the table. Beer in one hand and Y/N snuggled into his side. Life was good. This was it.

Right after the new years party scene on screen though, the light breathing of Y/N was heard, showing she had knocked out. It had been a tiring and exciting day for the young lady. Plus, add in the exhaustion from the night before, neither of the men were surprised by how fast she had clocked out.

"I think I'm going to call it a night myself," Steve chuckled, looking at Y/N cocooned into Buck's side.

"You sure? You can use the guest room," Bucky offered. Something him and Y/N did every time Steve came over.

"Nah, I'll leave you two be tonight. I have some plans in the morning too, so I should head home," Steve waved his hand, standing and stretching.

"What kind of plans?" Bucky said with a wiggly eyebrow. Tomorrow was Sunday, and Steve always spent most of his Sunday mornings to himself. It was his routine to go to the park and not run, but instead just take in the view.

"Uh, park plans..." he said broadly.

Bucky stared at him and noticed how he was avoiding eye contact and he was blushing too.

"Oh my God. You're hiding something," Bucky said a little louder, making Y/N rustle in her sleep.

"Shhh, Buck. You're going to wake her up," Steve scolded.

"I will just so she can read you. Despite how long I've known you, Y/N always manages to guess what you're hiding before I can," Bucky said.

"Stop. It's nothing," Steve brushed off, grabbing his jacket and quickly trying to gather his things so he could escape faster.

"Hmmm, what are you guys talking about?" Y/N stretched in Bucky's lap. She had slipped from her cuddling position to be laying her head in Bucky's lap. He had been stroking her hair as she slept in that position. It was natural.

"Stevie's hiding something," Bucky whispered in a teasing tone. Y/N sat up more rubbing the tiredness out of her eyes and blinked to get her sight back. "Oh you're done for now," Bucky laughed, seeing her about to analyze him.

"I'm getting out of here you punks," Steve rolled his eyes, blushing more and walking quickly to the door.

"Bye Stevie! See you later," she sat up, waving at him and sending an adorable sleepy smile his way.

He relaxed some and smiled back with a wave. "Bye Y/N/N. Get some rest doll."

"Sir yes, sir!" she saluted with a tired voice. He shook his head with a laugh before walking out. With the sound of the lock Y/N fell back into Bucky's lap and snuggled back in as if to go back to sleep. "It's a girl," she said once comfortable.

"I knew it!" Bucky said, throwing a fist in the air. "How do you do that?" he chuckled going back to playing with her hair.

"It's a gift," she said in a silly voice before laughing some and getting comfortable again.

"You wanna head to bed, Sugar? The movies almost over," he said, looking up seeing it probably had about 30 more minutes.

"No. I want to stay here," she mumbled, curling into him more if that were possible.