Chapter Eighteen

The two made it back home and immediately changed to their pajamas. Y/N was still a little upset about what happened, so she was quiet.

"Hey," Bucky said gently, seeing her lost in thought as she stared absentmindedly out the window from the couch. She was curled in a blanket, arms crossed, and eyes looking into another world. Bucky's voice brought her back to earth though. "Here. Drink this," he said, handing her a cup of tea.

"Thanks," she said with a small sad smile. She took a small sip before bringing it to sit in her hands. She turned back to the window.

"What's going on in that pretty head of yours, Y/N/N?" Bucky questioned, scooting closer to her.

Silence for a second and then she spoke up. "She means trouble. That's her only point of existence," she mumbled.

"She's not going to cause any trouble with us," Bucky replied, playing with her hair as he talked. "We just have to put her in the back of our mind. If we don't, she wins."

Y/N nodded after a second. "You're right," she sighed. "I'm sorry. I don't mean to be all moody," she turned scooting to him and cuddling into his lap as he opened his arms and took her in. "She just makes me sooooo-"

"Territorial?" Bucky joked, trying to lighten the mood.

"Ha ha," she fake laughed, but couldn't help the smile that grew on her face. "I was going to say livid."

"Why not both?" he shrugged, giving her a squeeze.

"You're hilarious," she rolled her eyes.

"And there she is, ladies and gentlemen! My gal," he nuzzled into her neck making her giggle. "How about we forget about all this with a movie and some ice cream?"

"I say that's the first good idea you've said in the past two minutes," she laughed as he kept tickling her.

"Now that's just mean," he fake pouted.

"Yeah, yeah. Go get the ice cream and I'll find a movie," she said shoving him.

"It's my turn to pick the movie," he pouted again. This time the lip came out.

"If the world saw this Bucky Barnes, they wouldn't know what to do with themselves."

"But you do and that's all that matters," he said pecking a kiss on her cheek before moving to the kitchen.

"Ugh, would you like some crackers with that cheesy line?" she laughed.

"You're a brat," he shook his head with a wide grin. The stresses of the night already fading with their banter. "I'm trying to be romantic, and you're making fun of me."

"You don't have to try Buck!" she said still in a laughing fit. "That and I don't know how else to react to your cheesy comments."

"Whatever." Bucky rolled his eyes coming back in with a pint of ice cream and two spoons. "Here you are princess."

"Where's your ice cream?" she questioned, taking the carton and noticing the extra spoon.

"In your hand," he answered, raising his own spoon to dig in. She pulled the carton away and raised an eyebrow. "Hey!"

"When have you ever known me to share my Ben and Jerry's?" she said with a playful, yet serious grin.

"Hey, you're dating me. Not them," Bucky said, moving his spoon in an attempt to dip it in the container.

"That's funny," she said, pulling it back again with a smile before dropping it to a straight face. "You have your own ice cream."

"But I want to try yours," he said with those damn eyes hoping to sway her to share. Though he knew the chances were low.