Chapter 2

Harry glanced at his schedule and then back at the door in front of him. According to the paper the location of the classroom for Sex Magic hadn't changed since the last time he checked. Sighing, he tucked the scroll back into his pocket and stepped through the door to the Room of Requirement. Inside his worst fears were proven true for a brief moment and he choked, halting midstep in the doorway. Terribly tacky and distasteful paintings groaned as they moved in lurid ways. Kinky, complicated objects lined the walls, and one wall in particular looked rather painful. After a moment, however, the garish images swirled and reformed into a perfectly ordinary classroom. Harry let out a sigh of relief and heard someone giggle off to his side.

"Nervous, Harry?" Lavender Brown smiled at him, pointing in a sweeping gesture around the room.

Harry glared at her and took a seat three over, next to Neville, who looked even more terrified than he felt. "What are you doing here?" Harry asked him in a hushed tone.

"My grandmum suggested it," Neville, wide-eyed and shaking, mumbled back. "She said it was the only way I'd ever get married."

Harry winced. Sometimes Neville's grandmother could be a real hag.

Summoning up the courage to look around at the rest of the students, Harry saw that the class consisted of purely Gryffindors, Ravenclaws and Slytherins. He supposed that made sense. Gryffindors were brave and curious by nature. Ravenclaws would be interested in learning absolutely every facet of magic possible. And Slytherins... Well, it was Dark Magic, after all. His gaze narrowed as it lighted on Draco Malfoy, who was snickering over something with Pansy Parkinson. No doubt that the two of them would be paired together. The disgusting thought that he might have to watch Malfoy snogging the pug-faced Parkinson flitted through his mind and he recoiled. Malfoy looked up and grinned at Harry.

"Whips, Potter?" he asked maliciously, and Harry blushed to the roots of his hair.

Just then the door opened to admit one more person. Harry eagerly accepted the distraction and waited for the room to change, hoping that someone might prove to have worse expectations for the class than he did, but the room stayed the same. A witch in long, loose blue robes walked to the front of the room and turned to face the class. Harry's first impression of her was that she was rather ordinary looking. She had long, slightly wavy brown hair that was pulled back from her face and tucked behind her ears. Her eyes were blue and she wore no spectacles, and she had a light amount of freckles across the bridge of her nose and cheeks. Not the sort of face that you would picture when thinking of a person skilled in the arts of... er...

That thought was enough to jolt Harry into action, and he immediately stuck his hand in the air. The woman smiled at him.

"Please hold all questions until after class," she said pleasantly.

"But Professor..." Harry began, only to be shushed by a flick of the woman's wrist.

"I am Professor Mason, and I will be your Sex Magic instructor. The class consists of one semester of classroom work and another of independent study, at the end of which you will complete and submit your final projects for my approval. I'm sure many of you are surprised by the briefness of the classroom component, given its content, but this is not a subject that requires much study. It is unique to each person, and therefore lengthy discussions of the theory behind it when they may or may not apply to you are frivolous. Much of the class will be spent in practical applications of the concepts you'll learn in the first few sessions."

Harry felt the icy fist which had settled into the bottom of his stomach last night plunge even further into his gut at the mention of 'practical applications' of the material. Luckily those wouldn't begin for at least another week, which would afford him plenty of time to corner Ms. Mason and tell her about the huge mistake that had brought him into her classroom.