𝒾𝓃𝓉𝓇𝑜𝒹𝓊𝒸𝓉𝒾𝑜𝓃

The moment that jail cell door had been shut and locked on Laurie Barber, the rest of her family felt what they had been looking for for months. Closure. 

The trial had been extensive and it was always a miracle if they could get any sleep at all at night. From upstairs in Jacob's bedroom, the two teenagers could always hear the TV blaring out from downstairs at all hours of the night. Andy almost always fell asleep at the TV, beer bottle in hand, forgetting to turn the volume down before letting sleep overcome him.

But that all went away as soon as they moved away to California. The new environment allowed them to start a new life. Away from all of the chaos that year had put all three of them through. 

It was scary for them, to start at a new school without knowing anyone there. Though, quite frankly, making new friends was the least difficult thing they'd had to do in the past year.

And best of all, in Y/N's opinion, was that Jacob was no longer slamming her against walls and screaming at her. She hadn't received a bruise from him in months. Maybe he'd really changed!

Or, maybe he'd just gotten better at hiding his dark urges.

Things had straightened out nicely for them: joined new clubs, met new people, got back on top of their school work. 

Until April the 19th. That was when it all changed for them. 

And that's when our story begins. Two days prior...