𝓈𝑒𝒸𝓇𝑒𝓉𝓈

Y/N looked away from Jacob, glancing down at her bed covers as she felt herself slip deeper and deeper into a dark trail of thoughts she feared she'd never get out of- as long as she was still friends with Jake. He was going to get himself into so much trouble, she could tell. And he knew it too, what else would explain the tears? 

"Please, don't tell my dad. He's on the case- he'll use it to put Mr Wallace behind bars- and he'll never let me leave the house again by myself." Jacob begged her, eyes still shining with a few tears and his cheeks red from holding back tears, he knew he'd messed up by going to that house.

That strange, strange house. Y/N got shivers remembering the photos of that baby on the walls, the baby that never seemed to age. Y/N knew she had to tell Andy about what Jake had done, it would be best for everyone. It'd help Andy close the case with a little more ease, so he wouldn't be stressed out, and Andy would be able to stop Jacob from getting into trouble if anything happened. 

"I don't know, Jacob. He'd want to know. He could protect you!" Y/N told him, trying her hardest to make him see reason. Jacob raised his hands to his face and covered his eyes.

"Y/N, please." He said simply.

Y/N sighed softly and hit her head a few times against her hands, "Jacob, this is stupid, why would you want to get involved in a situation like this again? Being involved in three potential murders or disappearances really isn't going to help you get into college. There's only so many coincidences people will buy!"

Jacob looked up at her, eyes furrowed together, hurt, as if she'd just accused him of killing someone. "Y/N, you know that I didn't-"

"Kill Ben? Kidnap Hope? Kill Daniel? Yeah. Yeah, I know you didn't, Jacob. I know you didn't. But I'm one of the only people who believed you! Nobody else knows you as well as I-" Y/N sighed and shook her head again as if she were trying to wake herself up from a dream she wasn't enjoying too much, "What I'm trying to say is that... if you get messed up in something like this again, publicly, people may not be too keen to believe you this time." 

"I didn't even know Daniel."

"I know you didn't. But people are good at twisting the truth, Jacob."

"Hm, yeah, I know." Jacob told her, looking down and hiding his face from her. There was a small smile for a moment there. "I don't want to talk about this anymore. Just promise you won't tell my dad." He said before looking back up at her.

"Jacob, I have to! I-"

"Don't tell my dad." Jacob spoke with such authority and gave her such a look, she couldn't help but nod her head. She hadn't seen that look in a long time. She didn't exactly associate many good thoughts with it either. "Good." He answered.

Jacob stood up and brushed himself off, sighing contently. He moved over towards her and sat down besides her on the bed, she didn't run away from him like she would have done mere moments ago. He put his arm around her and leaned against her shoulder, face in the crook of her neck. "I'm sorry for scaring you." He whispered and squeezed her hip gently with his hand. Y/N looked away from him, trying to hide the fact that heat was rushing to her cheeks.

"Try not to do it again." She told him, meaning to speak loudly but, somehow, her voice didn't come above a short gasp of a whisper. He hummed softly in agreement, kissing her shoulder softly before standing up and heading away towards the door of her room.

"It's late but we could still watch that movie, if you want." Jacob asked from the doorway, flicking on the lights around her ceiling to illuminate the dark room. 

Y/N felt herself nodding, "Okay. I'll be down in a minute, just... let me think."

"I was thinking we could watch it in my room." He told her, looking at the doorframe and trailing his fingers along the stringy-paint that Andy had thrown on it in one afternoon. 

Y/N looked up at him and raised an eyebrow. Andy been nervous about letting them share rooms alone for more than a few minutes after what he'd seen back in Mexico. Y/N often thought that the single event alone had caused that stray grey-hair she'd seen a couple of weeks later. They hadn't argued on him with it, especially with everything going on. But Y/N felt nervous about the idea, as if she were somehow betraying Andy. "You know your dad doesn't like that."

"Well... my dad's not here tonight. Is he?" He said with a smirk, looking over at her with eyes that reminded her of a lion about to pounce.

Y/N hesitated, trying to find that last little bit of dignity and power in her to rule over him again. But it was nowhere to be found. "Yeah.. Yeah, alright. I'll be there now, let me get changed first."

Jacob gave her a short nod before leaving the room and heading down the hallway. Y/N heard his bedroom door close and she sighed with relief. God, she hated how he managed to do that- manage to make her do almost anything he wanted with a few soft-spoken words.

Y/N shook her head and exhaled before going over to her chest of drawers and pulling out a pair of silky-pyjamas. She was in for a long night.