𝓉𝑜𝓊𝑔𝒽 𝓁𝑜𝓋𝑒

Y/N tried to push her way past Jacob, letting out a range of cries of distress as he refused to open the door. "Jacob, you twat, let me out!"

Jacob reached forwards and gripped her shoulders, shoving her backwards. "What are you going to do? Go and tell my dad everything we just talked about, huh?" He asked, still keeping his voice low enough to avoid Andy hearing from downstairs. Y/N looked at him with wide eyes, a feeling of deja vu overwhelming her. He hadn't acted like that in a long time.

Looking around and trying to find a way she could leave his room, Y/N regretted letting Jacob have the room without the drainpipe next to the window. "No, I wasn't planning on it. Just let me out, Jake!" She tried her hardest to hide the quiver in her voice and try to show that she was still somewhat in control. But she wasn't fooling anyone. Despite Jacob's recent growth spurts, he would still manage to control her. At least when they were away from Andy.

"You're not gonna tell him? Yeah, why don't I quite believe you?" He sneered, taking a few steps closer to Y/N, watching her press herself up against the wall as if a portal would open to let her free of him. 

"Why would I tell him? You dad's stressed out enough as it is- what with having that divorce to deal with, the case to deal with and- oh yeah- having a psycho for a son like you to deal with! You're crazy!" Y/N yelled at him, trying to take a step forwards and move around him. It was a failed attempt.

Jacob grabbed her arm and held her firmly in place, "I'm not crazy." He spoke into her ear, pressing her against the wall. In any other situation, Y/N might have not minded it too much- but considering everything, she was terrified. 

"Jake, please. You're really gonna do this?" She whimpered as she felt his hand enclosing tighter and tighter around her arm. It was surely going to bruise, maybe even break. Suddenly, her eyes felt damp with tears and the sight of him began to blur over.

He looked at her, eyes squinted together with focus as he examined every detail of her movements. She felt like a rat in a testing-center. A science experiment. "You're not going to tell him anything." He said plainly, as if he'd finally come to a conclusion. 

With a sigh, he let go of her and stepped away. Y/N took the chance to walk over to the door and grip the handle, she realized he hadn't bothered to follow her. His gaze was still set firmly on the wall he'd just had her pressed up against. 

Maybe if she stayed close to the door, she could talk to him a little more and he couldn't try to do... that, again. Y/N still felt as though she were in a state of shock over what had just happened. "I can't believe you did that." She said quietly, watching him over her shoulder.

Jacob turned around and looked at her, eyes moving as if he were replying silently. But he looked away from her after a movement and sat on his bed. 

"You... you haven't done that in a long time, Jake." She told him, he replied with a shrug. "What's set it off again? Was it the dog? Is it the divorce? Is it your teacher being a-?"

He cut her off. "I'm sorry about the other night." He told her, completely switching topics. Jacob looked down at the ground, shaking his head softly as he did. "It was a shitty thing to do, I shouldn't have done that." 

Y/N only half nodded, thrown off by him changing topics so fast. "Yeah, it was."

Jacob turned towards her, shuffling towards the bottom of his bed. He tapped on the wood with his fingers steadily.  "It really was. I guess I ruined a good thing. A really good thing." His voice sounded light, less dark than it had been moments ago. But it was hoarse, as if he were fighting for breath. He started to alternate the pace of his taps.

Y/N felt her face go hot with embarrassment. What had happened was humiliating. But what was worse, was that she couldn't tell whether or not he was giving her suggestive looks. It was so confusing, was it just her being paranoid? Or was he really giving her a slight smirk as he tapped on the wood.

"Yeah, completely ruined it." She replied shortly, eyes lingering on his hand. His hand stopped suddenly. 

"I don't want to lose you, Y/N. Can we just forget that the other night happened?" He asked, his voice normal again. It was as if she were zoning back into reality. 

She would gladly forget it had ever happened. She would do so with honor. But part of her... part of her didn't want to forget. She'd forgotten what it was like to be close with him. And, if she was being honest, up until he'd done that- it hadn't been too bad. 

It had reminded her of Mexico. Back then, it was just sweet and gentle. But the other night... it felt like more of a hook-up, just to get something. No, it hadn't been good enough to not forget. It had been bad enough to not forget. It had signified a change in their friendship for good, right? 

But it felt as though all she'd been doing with him recently was trying to forget. And if she kept on doing that then surely it'd get to a point where their friendship was beyond broken.

"Y/N?" Jacob spoke and she realized she'd been quiet for a while.

"I'll try and forget how it ended." She told him, knowing she fully meant it too. Jacob smiled at her.

He'd changed the conversation so fast, him pressing her up against the wall like that had completely slipped her mind. It wasn't until she was showering later on, she saw a dark-purple bruise the size of his hand covering her arm, that she remembered.