Chapter 6: The Thief

'AN: Ok...this scene was a bit tricky for me to write. But hopefully, I did a decent job out of it! Feel free to tell me what you think. And with that, Enjoy!

Dawn arrives, as the light reaches the camp. Aaron felt himself being shaken by something.

"Wake up Aaron..."

He hardly registered the voice, he is too comfortable right now to get up.

"Wake up...come on..."

"...no thanks...want to sleep more..." he mumbled.

He heard a sigh as he hears the crunching of leaves fading...then it rapidly grows louder and louder until...

"WAKE UP ARRON!"

"AAAAAHHHH!"

Pain erupts from his stomach as he jolts upwards, seeing the culprit standing on him, smiling mischievously.

"was that...*Wheeze* really...necessary?"

"Yep! You wouldn't wake up! So, I had to find a way to get you up."

"*groan* you are very lucky you're cute."

"I know." Ori said with a cheery smile.

Alright, now Aaron is up and awake. As he gets ready for the day, he decided he would rather save his rations for later, since he doesn't know when he and Ori are going to find more food to ration. He does, however, feel parched. So he took out his canteen for a sip. Mindful that Ori is now under his care, he offers some water to her, which she gratefully accepted.

"Hope we are going find some water soon, I don't have much left. "

Sein then rose from her resting spot and floats towards him.

"Don't worry Aaron, as soon as we restore the element of water in the Ginso tree, we will have plenty of fresh clean water to drink."

'Oh yeah, we are going that tall tree to cleanse Nibel's waters, but how can a tree produce clean and fresh water? Does it perhaps recycle the water by cleaning it through some means?' he thought. Regardless... that is their objective for now.

Eventually, Aaron and Ori are ready to go on their journey to the Ginso tree.

"Are you two ready?" asked Sein.

"Yeah, we're ready." Aaron answered.

"Then let us proceed."

They then set off, through Hollow's grove, to find and cleanse the Ginso tree.

Throughout their journey, they both come across a few occasional enemies, one of which is those bullfrogs. Aaron of course is not in the mood to fight, so when the frog jumped to attack, he deployed the same tactic as before as jumping head-on towards it and then plunging his trusty knife into its chest as it bursts into light.

"You didn't have to fight that one Aaron, I could have simply repelled it." Sein said.

"Maybe so, but I can't just let you do all the work, I may need to help with a fight like the one back at the glades where we found you. Besides, with danger around every corner, I need to learn how to fight as well."

"Hmm...that is true" Sein hums.

But then, a large orange glowing slime monster with spikes projecting out of its body. It screeches at their presence and slides it slides towards them.

"Ok, that thing I can't fight!" Aaron shouted.

"Sein! Is there anything we can do to fight it??" Ori asked frantically.