Chapter 18: They Went That-a-Way

"I still cannot F***ing believe that you and Gumo pulled that stunt." Aaron said begrudgingly.

"It's not MY idea! GUMO is the one you should get angry at!"

"You didn't warn me when he told you, so you are also equally to blame!"

"It wouldn't have mattered anyway! You STILL needed to get fixed!"

After an 'efficient' treatment thanks to Gumo, Aaron and Tatsu are on their way to reunite with Ori and Sein on their quest to save Nibel. Unfortunately for Tatsu, forgiveness isn't something Aaron is used to, so she had to deal with his rant for quite a while on their journey.

"It still would have been NICE to know! Hell! Anesthetic would have been a blessing!"

"Anesthetic?"

Aaron refrained from hitting himself for stupidity, of course they won't know what it is! It's not like their health care is as advanced as humanities! But then again, what do they do for healing? Use that mystic shrine or fountain for a full heal? Does that include illness as well? So, they don't have to worry too much about getting ill or paying medical bills? Lucky b******s.

"It's a kind of medication we made that prevents us from feeling pain, used especially for medical procedures."

"Sounds like your kind has it all figured out."

"They ALMOST did."

"..."

'Yeah, she walked right into that one.'

"Well, while you humans thrive on technology, we are very comfortable in living in the wilderness! We have our skill, wits and survival to live in our forests! You humans do practice living in a wild without technology, right?"

"Some of us do, through camping."

"Oh no no no...camping won't cut it. I mean THRIVE in the wilderness and taking on the challenges that it throws in your way!"

"Like what?"

As soon as he said that, they stop in front of a stone wall with snow covering the ledges.

"Like climbing"

Aaron could feel his confidence drop, as though he had been put in front of an impossible challenge.

"Looks like we need to go up that wall Aaron! Think you can climb this?"

"Umm...can I have a rope please...?"

"No can do! Climbing is supposed to be a challenge of STRENGTH and WILL. So, no cheating!"

How on Earth can he climb that? NO ONE is capable (as far as he knows) of just climbing up the wall without the tools for climbing! He doesn't even think his hands are built for climbing!

"Something the matter, Aaron?"

If Tatsu had a face, it would be that cocky grin and Aaron knew it.

"I can't climb that! My hands aren't made for that kind of climbing!"

Tatsu then floated close to Aaron's hands as if to closely examine them, her flame flickering on and off as if considering something.

"From my knowledge as a climber and your performance with your expedition with Ori, I would say...Yes! You are capable with this kind of climb!"

"Bull***! There is no way!"

"You are talking to a spirit guardian who had been chosen to teach future generations of the art of climbing! Of course I am not 'Bull*****ing' as you would put it!"