Apology Note/Vote

How long has it been since I last uploaded a chapter? Almost a year, especially when close to the end of the story? Damn it, I'm not being a good writer...

Ok, after almost a year since the last update, I felt the need to at least explain myself to you all as to why it took so agonisingly long for me to make an update to this story.

Firstly as some of you may know, Changed the Awakening happened, the first book I ever wrote has been grabbing my attention non-stop, especially when doing a lot of world-building and scene rewrites or improvements. I swear, for every chapter, I make for that thing, another exciting or interesting idea is made which further pushes me away from writing Ori and the outlander.

I have not once forgotten that book but whenever I want to write it I always felt compelled to write that Changed's chapter because I feel like we will lose it plus with how long the readers there have been waiting.

To all of you folks out there thinking about trying out writing, beware of unfinished projects, they WILL haunt you, even if you put them on hold for valid reasons like I did. I started writing Ori because I thought it was going to take a while to start writing Changed...

...damn was I so wrong.

At this point, I think I understand why there are writers who either get distracted with another book or abandon their projects because it can feel like it's beyond their own control.

And so...you would think after finishing the first draft of Changed the Awakening and getting kidnapped by Ori should set me back on track for writing the book right?

...

Except two new projects made their damn appearance!

Not only did I get saved by the Civet, that same orange cat-like dude from the one-shot I made for fun...is the root cause of me making a SPINOFF or a retake on the Changed the Awakening!

And not only that, this little guy showed up!

"Shinx!"

This pokemon... this blue electric lion... this adorable beast is getting her own book. And the only thing that is holding me back from writing is the fact I need material for reference on how to write combat. I am not sure how long this book is supposed to be but all I can say is that it takes place in that Pokemon Arceus game after getting some inspiration after playing it.

And to make things even worse, is the fact that whenever I DO want to write Ori, I keep getting cut off (Literally), when the-

*Lights shuts off, leaving the room in darkness*

Oh...come on...

*Flick, flick...*

*A small flickering flame from a candle illuminates the room*

This is what I am talking about. We have a huge load-shedding problem. Unfortunately in my country due to insufficient electricity being generated, we have a schedule that cuts off an area of my town's electricity...everywhere...houses, shops even traffic lights just to cut down the consumption.

These schedules can last for about 2 hours, 4 hours or worse depending on how severe the situation gets, and this thing can happen DAILY, there is even a third-party app MADE for this because of how big of an issue this is!

This combined with my studying can get exhausting, it takes stamina to write for consecutive hours.

This reminds me, in the process of making Chapter 20 of Ori, I had an issue with my laptop and I had to fight to get like a thousand words which is essentially two hours of my time. Word does have an autosave but it was just SO STUBBORN, I had to go to lengths to get that file and the progress back.

Another piece of advice to all of you who are thinking about doing some writing, just use Google Docs, its much easier, and can make sure your files don't go missing and it works well when working with your editor friend simultaneously.

And now, for the important announcement for Ori, I have one question I have to ask you all...

Where do I go next?

During the making of Chapter 20, I thought I knew what I want to do with Ori after finishing the book but after some thinking, now I am just not sure anymore.

I don't know what you guys would want for the next book for Ori when I write it one day (Hopefully).

Right now I have three options.

The first option is doing the sequel of the game, where I take the Ori and the Will of Wisps and write it like how I did with Ori and the Outlander. The issue is that there really isn't much creativity in this option but I suppose it does allow Aaron and Ori to explore the world in detail like I did with this book.

The second option is me trying to build and create lore, a prequel to Ori and the outlander where we could take the perspective of Sein and her younger days, including the other characters I introduced, Alina and Yoru. I don't how I would do with this but I am willing to give it a shot.

(Fun fact: When coming up with the names, I Accidentally coincidently got the names Alina and Yoru has the LITERAL meaning of Light and Dark respectively. I do not know how I managed that.)

The third option is more of a...interesting take. How so? Well, after playing game after game, I made an interesting discovery. Ori is actually in another game. Yep, she is in ANOTHER game. Rivals of Aether.

Ori became a playable character in a smash bros-like game, where the story is just...not that good. But the shadow-like monsters and Ori making an appearance makes me wonder if there is potential to make a story here. Ku is there as well! Just more like a companion who hangs around doing nothing.

But which one I take is entirely up to you guys, so let's try and do this by vote. Which one shall it be?

A sequel?

A Prequel?

Or a spinoff?

Vote which one you think by making a comment on the respective choice with some reasoning why. I do not know how long to keep this voting thing open so please choose when you can.

And...that's about it. With the book so close to the end, I am actually looking forward to it!