Chapter 11: The Haunted Woods

AN: Took a dang while to make another chapter didn't I? I'm so sorry for the delay! Had a few tests and an Assignment that I needed to complete, but now that I have a breather, it's time to go writing for a bit! Hope you all enjoy this chapter!

Upon the entry of the woods, darkness falls upon the trio as the woods became sinister and more dangerous. Along the way, they encounter more monsters than they ever did before, ranging from more projectile launching frogs, more dive-bombing birds, and more charging rhinos.

Thankfully, most of them are either easy to avoid or simple to defeat thanks to the many skills Ori possesses and the archery from Aaron.

It amazes Aaron how fast he saw Ori has grown to be a somewhat capable fighter. From the start of their journey, Ori heavily relies on Sein's spectacle flames to eradicate those who seek to bring harm to them. And now? Now she is stomping, reflecting projectiles, and even bashing away enemies to stun them, leaving them vulnerable to Sein and Aaron's attacks to finish them off.

"You have grown a lot Ori. And in such a short span of time too." Aaron comments as Ori bashes a decayed bird into a tree, knocking it out for good.

"What do you mean?" Ori asks as she lands in front of him.

"I mean look at ya! Before you were a shy little spirit, who clings onto me for comfort, but now? You are a spirit who beats up all the monsters that lurk around your forest!"

"I concur. In the past few days, you have grown more to be a brave spirit guardian. You have become strong Ori." Sein adds in.

Ori said nothing but smiles in glee, beaming with pride at her development. Naru would have been proud of her.

'If only Naru knows that I'm ok.' She thought as she looks up to the sky that barely pierces through the branches of the Misty Woods.

Shaking off the thought, Ori quickly perks up as she trots along with Aaron and Sein deeper into the woods.

Eventually, they notice a stream of mist flowing through past them as it gets stronger and more frequent as they move closer to the source of the deceiving mist before them.

A Shrine...a shrine that emits a ghostly mist that flows through the woods that they are in.

Aaron can't help but feel slightly bothered by the ghostly display the shrine emits before them.

'It feels like it is some shrine that contains demons or some evil power you would hear in stories.' He thought, examining the mist that emits from the shrine's mouth.

Ori too peers at the jaws of the shrine that emits the ghostly mist as she ponders of the powers this shrine holds.

"The Shrouded Lantern... This haze bellows out of its stem. If we can find a way to light it, the path will be clear again!"

"Any ideas on how we do it Sein?" Aaron asked.

Sein seems o hum in thought as a tiny spark flame emits from her, thinking of the possible solution. She then gently flashes as she flies up and down almost in jumping like fashion as if she has an idea.

"Astu's Torch! If we can find and return it to the Lantern it will clear up the mist!" Sein said in finality.

"But if the Torch is what lifts the mist...it's not on the shrine because...?" Aaron asks in confusion.

"Hmmm...then it must be lost somewhere in the woods!"

"Yeah...but why is it not on the shrine in the first place?"