Chapter 17: Ascending

Everything is dark...

God, why is it so dark?

Aaron couldn't see or feel anything. It is like being trapped in a void, a soulless void where you can't do anything...there is nothing here.

Nothing.

What happened to him? Did he die? Or is he still sinking down into that bottomless lake where Kuro dropped him? He doesn't like this. He wants to move again, he wants to see the light again.

'Let me out...LET ME OUT!'

...

'...he's...up...hurry!'

'Almost...just...he...stays with us!'

'Aaron...wake up!'

'Give him a jolt! His body needs more warmth!'

'GET UP!'

And with that, he felt as if his whole nerves were set on fire. His body involuntary shaking out of control.

"AAAAHHHH!"

Aaron yelled as he recovers from the shock. His vision all blurred as he is unable to make sense of anything. He can see again...he can see the blue colour...Icey blue...

"He is awake! Gumo! He is awake!"

"Just stay with him! I need to finish the preparations!"

"I can't go anywhere even if I wanted to!"

"Just make sure he stays awake!"

The voice could only scoff as silence follows soon after.

Through Aaron's blurred vision, he can see a blue spectral orb floating in front of him.

Is that...?

"Sein? Is that you?"

"No Aaron...try again!"

Wait...this floating orb is not Sein? As Aaron's vision clears up, he can see some notable differences to this...wisp. The wisp is not orb-like, rather it more flame-like if any. And the colour of the wisp is slightly more whiteish than blueish. This wisp claims that he knows her. But who can it be?

"Come on Aaron...is it really that hard to recognize me?"

No way...

"Tatsu??"

"There we go! Took you long enough Aaron!"

Holy s*** Tatsu just became a wisp just like Sein! But how? Tatsu was rooted into that dark forest for God knows how long.

"Tatsu?? What happened!? And how are you a wisp now?? AM I F***ING DEAD??"

"AARON! CALM DOWN NOW!"

Tatsu yelled as she lets loose a hearty zap onto Aaron.

"OOWW! F***! Was that really necessary?!"

Aaron's only response was the giggle Tatsu made as her light flickers in sync with her laughter.

"Hehe! Sounds like you two are having fun!"

Aaron's head snaps towards the direction of the voice as it spoke. To Aaron's surprise, it was the four-legged spider himself Gumo!

"Gumo? You're here too?"

"Indeed Aaron! I am here as well!"

Gumo said as he approaches Aaron. Aaron looked at himself to find that he is strapped onto a table (though it is a tad too short for him). Gumo examined Aaron's limbs as if he is evaluating his condition.