Chapter 9: Nature's paradise

The walk down is nothing but a painful one.

Aaron felt as though he had failed his duties to protect Ori from harm, how can he protect her from a bloodthirsty owl who is hellbent on killing spirit guardians? The answer is simple:

You can't.

"You shouldn't blame yourself for this Aaron. You gave it your best." Sein spoke to Aaron as they journey down the path down the Ginso tree.

"But my best wasn't enough Sein, Ori's gone." Aaron said. "Not only that, we lost our only chance to save Nibel. Without Ori, you won't last long." Aaron replied bitterly.

Sein said nothing as the silence continues. It was true, Sein is currently residing in Aaron's bag to preserve as much energy as she could. It won't be long before she goes dormant once again. Aaron felt like crying, Ori...a young naïve kid who wanted nothing but the best out of others with strong beliefs in pacifism, in doing the right thing. A child who was robbed of her childhood by the death of her beloved mother Naru...

...was now robbed of her life by a monster...

Aaron growls with the thought of the hypocritical owl who judges Ori's kind to be 'monsters' when she is one herself. How dare she kills innocent lives who had no partake in whatever that is that 'wronged' her.

How dare she kill an innocent child.

If there is one thing Aaron wants in life right now, it's to kill that B****.

But how can he? That owl towers him as though he is a size of a mere ant to her. What capabilities does he have to fight such a thing? Nothing.

'If only I had those weapons back at home!' Aaron thought with anger.

A gun could change everything...A sniper rifle...a carbine rifle...an AK-47...an SMG...Hell! Even a pistol!

One single bullet could help put an end to that owl...but alas, he has no such weapon. Only a knife and some cooking equipment with some farming seeds to grow food.

'Damn I could have brought myself a gun! WHY DIDN'T I GET ONE?? EVERYONE WOULD HAVE GOT ONE EVENTUALLY!' he scolded himself. Major oversight on his expedition was not carrying a proper weapon. He should have expected that there may be some individuals back at home who would prepare themselves for the upcoming apocalypse. When the government would announce what their plans are, hell is to be sure to break loose.

'I knew what they were planning so why the hell didn't I get one??' Aaron thought. Thanks to his best friend Ethan, he knew about the project they are developing...a preposterous one with an absurd idea, he really doubts THAT would work.

It's the failsafe plan he was worried about...

Alternatively, the plan would be to take in the wealthiest families who contributed to the company and those who have the utmost valuable set of skills put into a stasis pod and let whoever is left behind die out from starvation, air pollution, or whatever that will kill them all off. They would then let nature take its course and allow the earth to heal itself for thousands of years or whatever so they could begin anew.

Ethan's family were selected for their brilliant minds and research into this Initial plan that is surely doomed to fail to the many eyes of the public when it gets eventually announced (If it ever does). When it fails, his family will be taken to their secure hideout with security where the supposed project was and put them in the stasis pods along with the others.

Unfortunately, Aaron being an orphan did not put him in a good spotlight. Ethan said he will do his best to get him in somehow, but that young naive lad always tries to see the bright side of things. Such behaviour almost got him killed once. That is when they met, Aaron came to save him when he was threatened by some thugs, most likely to use him as a hostage for negotiation, supplies perhaps. Ever since then, he was welcomed by the family and was a good friend to Ethan.