Friday, August 23rd 5:15pm The Block Estate

As Massie walked Bean that night she reflected on the weeks events. Monday had been the soccer tryouts and Claire's last straw. On Tuesday the results of the tryouts were posted online- Kristen had secured the co-captain spot next to senior Sydney Dunham scoring major popularity points for her and the PC by association. Derrington was made captain of the Briarwood team and the other boys had made the cut as well. Now Massie wasn't just dating the hottest guy in their grade, she was dating the captain of the soccer team. On Wednesday the girls went for an after school study date at Starbucks and Massie stayed up late talking to Derrington on the phone. By Thursday morning she had a headache so bad that even Claire's usual innocence was getting on her last nerve. She almost half-wished that she cut the blonde off earlier to avoid her constant gushing about Cam or that LBR Layne. In fact, despite her obsession over the two she wouldn't stop clinging to Massie's side like Velcro.

But now, as the alpha finished her walk and headed to the Cabana to make sure everything was ready for tonight's Friday Night Sleepover, she felt a knot in her stomach at the fact that she would have to have the talk with Claire soon.

The moment came sooner than she thought, because as she opened the door to the Cabana she bumped into Claire who was already standing inside watching their housekeeper set up.

"Eh-mah-gawd Kuh-laire! What are you doing here already?" She blurted out.

"Oh, hey Mass. I actually wanted to talk to you before the girls got here... alone?" she said innocently. Massie looked over to the housekeeper and asked her to take Bean back to the main house. Once she was gone Massie turned back to Claire.

"There's something I want to say first." She started, "Look Claire, you know how you're... a little different than the other girls?" Claire blushed and nodded, taking the statement as a compliment. "Well... look with Alicia and Kristen and Dylan it's different. They're my oldest friends and we have so much in common like fashion and boys and being cutthroat! And you're... well even though you've been here a year it's like you're still new. You're not as ruthless, you don't care about material things, and well... you're... soft." Massie said attempting to list out all the reasons Claire did not fit in. Claire's face reddened more and she took Massie's words, especially the word soft, as reasons Massie liked her more than the other girls... maybe even like-liked.

"And well... look Claire. On Monday when you were with Layne and then later when you were hanging all over Cam... it just made me start to think... I think it would be better if..."

Oh my God. Claire's mind was racing. Is she really confessing to me right now? I can't believe I was right. I can't believe this is actually happening. I have to do it now. Her heart beat so loud in her ears that she couldn't make out Massie asking her to leave the PC. Instead she bunched her hands into fists, squeezed her eyes shut, and thrust her lips forward until they hit Massie's.

The softness of Massie's plump pout was like Heaven to Claire. She could taste the girls newest Glossip Girl flavor- something pomegranate- and the smell of Chanel no. 5 flooded her senses. For a moment everything seemed to freeze for Claire.

"EH-MAH-GAWD!!!" Massie had pushed Claire back, freeing her face and ripping the blonde out of her trance. The alpha wiped her mouth against the back of her hand and her look of shock was replaced with one of disgust.

Oh no. Claire thought.

Before she knew it Massie's hand shot out and slapped Claire across the cheek. Hard. The tears in her eyes burned as hard as the mark on her face that was quickly becoming red. I was wrong... She thought. Although she didn't dare say anything.

Behind her the door to the cabana burst open. "MASSIE!" She heard Alicia's high pitched squeal and the tapping of her heels along with Kristen and Dylan as they rushed in next to Massie's side.

"What the HELL KUH-LAIRE?" Massie lashed out at the girl.

Claire stared at the girls in front of her. Massie wasn't confessing... she thought She was kicking me out. She doesn't like me. She hates me. And I just gave her every reason to ruin my life.

Claire looked up through her blurry eyes and opened her mouth to speak. She could see the girls holding up their phones to her face. They recorded it... she realized.

She forced her eyes to meet Massies glare. I'm sorry. She thought, but no words came out. Instead the tears that had been threatening to flow burst forward and she choked on her sob, turning and running out the door towards the guest house.

The PC stood there in shock for a moment and the girls slowly lowered their phones, ending the recordings so they could discuss what just happened.

"Did she really just-?" Alicia asked.
"Kiss you?" Kristen finished.

Massie struggled to regain her composure. The twist in her stomach from trying to kick Claire out turned more and she felt violated, angry, and unsure how to move forward.

"PLOT TWIST" Dylan burped, fortunately breaking the tension and making the girls giggle, albeit nervously.

"You okay, Mass?" Alicia sounded genuinely concerned.

Massie turned towards her friends in a circle and took a breath in. "I will be." She finally said "Once Claire is dead." The girls gasped dramatically and their mouths dropped to an "O".

"I meant socially dead you guys," Massie rolled her eyes and crossed her arms, marching towards the couch.

"Oh... right," Dylan said following.
"We knew that," Kristen finished.